10:39, Sun 26 Nov
El Mayor
Yorkshireblue
We won 2-1 against the worst team in the league after going behind. Hardly encouraging.

I still think we're on a hiding to nothing with Rooney. He is asking the player's to do things they can't do, and instead of adapting (because he can't) he just repeats it every game.

It ain't gonna work.

Remind how many games we won from going behind under our last few managers.

I’ll give you a clue, it’s not many. At one point I think it was once in three years.
And last season we lost 1-0 to a 10 man Wigan who were awful and to Blackpool who may have been worse
Tony Fantastico
10:41, Sun 26 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
El Mayor
Yorkshireblue
We won 2-1 against the worst team in the league after going behind. Hardly encouraging.

I still think we're on a hiding to nothing with Rooney. He is asking the player's to do things they can't do, and instead of adapting (because he can't) he just repeats it every game.

It ain't gonna work.

Remind how many games we won from going behind under our last few managers.

I’ll give you a clue, it’s not many. At one point I think it was once in three years.
And last season we lost 1-0 to a 10 man Wigan who were awful and to Blackpool who may have been worse
But he was the messiah, but but but
10:42, Sun 26 Nov
Loads predicted we’d lose yesterday it’s a game we typically would, I’m pleased.

Second half we were the better team
10:42, Sun 26 Nov
I think there is a minority who are very much anti-Rooney but I think for the majority of us the relative apathy was more about the performance against a really poor team than any real anti-Rooney feeling. If I remember back to the Ipswich game the support and atmosphere was actually good and they got applauded off despite not winning due to the effort put in and for the most part a great performance against one of the best teams in the division.
I would think most of us went home yesterday relieved we got the 3 points and having stopped the recent rot but at the same time concerned about how poorly we played. If we had been playing pretty much anyone else yesterday I don’t think we would have won with that level of performance. I don’t think he was a good appointment like many but I’m prepared to give him a chance now it’s done. Let’s hope for another3 points v Rotherham next week and a more inspiring performance.
The biggest concern is results and performances away from home which have been generally awful under both managers. Most don’t go to away games like me so how people feel is mainly driven by what happens at home games.
10:45, Sun 26 Nov
My Blue Heaven
Loads predicted we’d lose yesterday it’s a game we typically would, I’m pleased.

Very much so. Juke coming on hampered us again though
Tony Fantastico
10:46, Sun 26 Nov
No-one thought JE was the Messiah, let's not rewrite history.
The cold never bothered me anyway
10:47, Sun 26 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
My Blue Heaven

That is definitely down to the fans treatment of Hogan imo that Juke is coming on before him, despite Hogan being the much better option.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:47, Sun 26 Nov
Was the win against West Brom the game we broke that run?

Anyway, yesterday wasn't pretty, but it never was gonna be against a side at the bottom of the table. Thankfully we got the result, more often than not we would have lost that.
10:49, Sun 26 Nov
Super Hans
Rab C Nesbitt
My Blue Heaven

That is definitely down to the fans treatment of Hogan imo that Juke is coming on before him, despite Hogan being the much better option.
If Rooney is listening to fans he is a fool. We were on top yesterday, it was obvious to bring on fresh legs in Hogan and stick to what we were doing. Juke can’t run. It’s like bringing on a lorry restricted to 56mph in a formula 1 race if we are trying to play football
Tony Fantastico
10:49, Sun 26 Nov
Yep, he’s a weak link in the style we want to play. Just doesn’t press well at all and nothing seems to stick

Hogans much the better option for it
10:52, Sun 26 Nov
It’s the only reason I can think we went to Juke first. The bloke at this point should be nothing but a human victory cigar to come on for time wasting.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:53, Sun 26 Nov
Yorkshireblue

It ain't gonna work.

Sorry, but I don't agree with the players not being able to do it, they're professional footballers and I actually think part of the issue is the fans make the players scared to do it tbh.

On top of this, I have watched Wednesday a few times this season, they have only started playing out from the back since the new manager came in, they looked more than comfortable in doing it, so why can't our players do that?
The only thing I think we're missing is a player who is comfortable receiving the ball into midfield from the defenders, although Beilik isn't too bad an that option.
10:54, Sun 26 Nov
Rasputin
No-one thought JE was the Messiah, let's not rewrite history.

Funny you’d think so from some posting
10:59, Sun 26 Nov
Super Hans
It’s the only reason I can think we went to Juke first. The bloke at this point should be nothing but a human victory cigar to come on for time wasting.
😂
I’d love Juke in my mouth
Tony Fantastico
10:59, Sun 26 Nov
I can understand some of the vitriol towards Rooney but he hasn't had a lot of luck. Yesterday Wednesday had a good plan,a high press,double up on our creative players and don't give them time which is usually our plan but after a slow start they wore us down and my god they have some big athletic midfielders who in the first half had control,on another day it could have ended 0-0 which would have been a fair result given Wednesdays hard work.
Rooney will eventually get some luck and hopefully the booboys will get behind the team.