13:09, Sun 26 Nov
I think I’d be ill if we signed Bannan. Horrible little bastard.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
13:25, Sun 26 Nov
Super Hans
NouCamp
Relocated my ST back to the Kop

Im around a load of 'get it forward' stop passing it back moaners 🤦‍♂️ who can only see passing it to Ruddy or around the back line as 'pissing about with it'

Also actual boos from the kop corner in the first half today when we conceeded a couple of corners in the first half and were under some pressure

We have some really special fans

I agree with you and others that the booing was ridiculous but what was the passing it around the back if no pissing about with it? I don’t remember a single attack being launched from us doing that, just either rushed clearances that could’ve been done a lot cleaner 5 seconds beforehand or us losing the ball in very dangerous positions like when Ruddy lost the ball.

The loudest the stadium got was to call Bannan a DvB which is very sad.

They were moaning when it was passed back to Ruddy to clear the lines when defenders were being closed down.... just normal back passes to the GK

Stop going backwards!

I really enjoyed watching Bannan play yesterday, would still love to have him in our midfield
14:03, Sun 26 Nov
Rooney is here for the long term. His footballing ethos won’t change, and nor should it. Possession of the ball is the key to winning games, and pretty much every successful team in the world plays the ball from back to front .

Our players haven’t got either the skill or the confidence, or in some cases both, to play that way with confidence. Rooney will work with them until they either can play that way, or they are replaced by players who can.

Rooney will be here well after the moaners have moved onto something else to whine about.
14:11, Sun 26 Nov
I'd just like to know what this football ethos is, because I can't see any hint of specific tactics at the moment.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
14:18, Sun 26 Nov
Can you really not see what he’s trying to do?
Nikola Zigic
I'd just like to know what this football ethos is, because I can't see any hint of specific tactics at the moment.

The 2 centre halves pass to each other and then we look to get a long ball over the top for stansfield.its a mess!
He has explained his footballing ethos, so there no reason not to be aware of it. I just googled it….there it was, not that I had to google it, it’s hardly a secret.

You could say, I’m not seeing much evidence that his philosophy is being understood or embedded, that wouldn’t be unreasonable, or even, his philosophy is shit and I hate it, that wouldn’t be unreasonable, but to say you’re not aware of it suggests either mischief making or simple lack of knowledge and awareness.
14:37, Sun 26 Nov
Tbf it changes from week to week on the pitch doesn’t it?

Boro away, ultra high full backs and all out attack
Hull we tried to play out but we’re more reserved
Southampton we went 451 with Juke and sat back
Ipswich we did a high press in a 442
Sunderland we played high press and went direct
Sheff Wed we tried to play out

He may have a philosophy which he has explained, but on the pitch it’s been different virtually every game

Yesterday the plan seemed to be to get it out to Laird and hope he goes past 2 players on his own

(And no I’m not Anti-Rooney or ‘want the Chinese back’, I am desperate for some hope and to see it work)
Happy Clapper
14:45, Sun 26 Nov
El Mayor
Yorkshireblue
We won 2-1 against the worst team in the league after going behind. Hardly encouraging.

I still think we're on a hiding to nothing with Rooney. He is asking the player's to do things they can't do, and instead of adapting (because he can't) he just repeats it every game.

It ain't gonna work.

Remind how many games we won from going behind under our last few managers.

I’ll give you a clue, it’s not many. At one point I think it was once in three years.

I think we'd just broken that under Eustace this season?

And again, Sheff Wed. If you can't come from behind against them you might as well give up.
14:46, Sun 26 Nov
GBBlue
But do you stick by a style which is limited, will get us so far in the league and when you add better players will drag them down to that level over time.

Or do you adopt a style that separates the wheat from the chaff knowing that better players are following who will be able to play better football that is more likely to get us promoted.

The football wasn’t great yesterday but you can see what he is trying to move towards and our winner came from keeping the ball and passing it short, quicker and better.

I'd like the limited style in 6th please.
14:47, Sun 26 Nov
Le Mod

He may have a philosophy which he has explained, but on the pitch it’s been different virtually every game

Yesterday the plan seemed to be to get it out to Laird and hope he goes past 2 players on his own

(And no I’m not Anti-Rooney or ‘want the Chinese back’, I am desperate for some hope and to see it work)

The players we have are bang average so this transformation will take time. Thank God BSHL are not in charge. People have very short memories.
14:57, Sun 26 Nov

Yes. That’s fair.
15:23, Sun 26 Nov
They weren't bang average at the start of the season.
The cold never bothered me anyway
15:24, Sun 26 Nov
Nikola Zigic

That’s a little disingenuous. His ethos has been explained many times.

If you can’t see much sign of his ethos manifesting in the side, I couldn’t disagree. Nor could he, I suspect.

But you don’t give up on a philosophy just because it’s proving difficult to implement. You work with the players and bring in others until you have a side that can deliver. That’s what will happen here. It won’t be quick and it won’t be easy, but it will be worthwhile.
15:26, Sun 26 Nov
I think the point is (as Le Mod articulated) that he hasn't setup the team to play a consistent style yet.