11:03, Sun 26 Nov
You said Rooney is an 'honest bastard.' He reckons Juke did really well when he came on.
11:07, Sun 26 Nov
Honest mistake. He got him mixed up with James
Tony Fantastico
11:09, Sun 26 Nov
Its impossible to change the style of play in 6 games. It would appear, some supporters are blaming Rooney for the sacking of Eustace. Well it was the owners who sacked Eustace, so maybe the people who moaning, should start a petition to get the owners out and bring the previous owners back in. Support Rooney and you support the team. Simples !
11:10, Sun 26 Nov
Haha. He mentioned James did very well too.
Rab C Nesbitt
It’s definitely there.
Moaning from very early on about keeping possession.
Vitriol when we went behind.
Booing them off at half time even after just equalising.
A definite disconnect and lack of atmosphere after winning.
Weird.
We are supporters. So if you go on matchday support. It’s that simple

This saddens me to hear Rab, it's not what Blues fans have been about in the past and I don't get it in a game we won. As you know I made it very clear at the time I was very much against his appointment, but he's our manager now and needs our support. When I finally get to a game I will back him 100%.

Before anyone starts, that's very different from me saying 'you aren't allowed to criticise' - it's more in answer to what you have written, which sounds very much like there is an element that have made their mind up not to support him, no matter what.
Up the feckin Blues
11:12, Sun 26 Nov
Tilton Rifle
😁
Yeah Juke didn’t do anything tbf so say he did well is definitely a lie but he’s been criticised for calling performances out
Tony Fantastico
The only way to get everyone on board is to consistently win games but I’m not sure even that will be enough
Tony Fantastico
11:13, Sun 26 Nov
I think that any negativity around the Rooney appointment was massively amplified by Garry Cook's press conference.

If Cook had said that Rooney was being brought in to gradually implement a new way of playing and that this season is expected to be one of change and transition then I think the reaction would have been different.

There was unnecessary pressure added in the justification to replace John E. Hopefully it was a blip in the comms that have been pretty good otherwise.
11:18, Sun 26 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Tilton Rifle
😁
Yeah Juke didn’t do anything tbf so say he did well is definitely a lie but he’s been criticised for calling performances out

I personally don't like public criticism of players. It's weak leadership.

Ultimate leadership (classified as Level 5) talks about a concept of window and mirror.

When a team performs well the leader looks out of the window to give others credit for success. When a team underperforms the level 5 leader looks into the mirror for improvements.

The combination of humility and desire to win sets them apart from the others.

Is Rooney a level 5 leader? Maybe he can become one.
Rab C Nesbitt
And ironically what was Eustace track record that merited him getting the job?
Plus we had 6 months of football last season with seemingly no plan but hoofball on the pitch but he was still afforded time and barely a murmur of criticism at games compared to what we’re seeing now

Isn’t the difference the position the club were in then and are now though? We were written off as nailed on for relegation, a ‘who would take it?’ sort of position for potential managers, and in a seeming death spiral as a club. Most fans - certainly me - in a state of depressed apathy.

He did a decent job as a more-or-less unknown, made us competitive with very little resources and got a big cushion with the pre World Cup form, so people weren’t too worried about the long run of poor form. Then he does better this season with some better players when a lot of people (my sense is the majority) were just happy to bask in the glow of finally ‘getting our club back’, sorting out the ground/Wast Hills/academy, looking comfortably mid table with an outside tilt of the play offs. Maybe we get a new boss in the summer after a really good look at the candidates - everyone knows he would never be here long term.

Contrast with now, when whoever came in has to at least match the above to get a hearing, and if anything hopes and expectations are raised by the new owners. The fact that it was a) Rooney in the first place given a limited track record and the obvious jobs for boys nature of it (completely out of character with all the other good stuff they’ve done) and b) he’s then, predictably, struggled in the first 5 games makes it pretty inevitable there’ll be flattish atmospheres for a bit. Especially as yesterday a win was the minimum expected against such a poor side.

And that’s the point really isn’t it? If we aren’t accepting mediocrity anymore, we can’t really complain when some of the fanbase are a bit meh when we narrowly beat the worst side in the league at home.

None of which justifies ‘wanting us to lose’, mind. The only fathomable bit of logic in that I can find is that, if you sincerely believe he’ll be a Zola level disaster, it’s better to accept the inevitable early and move on. Personally, I think I’ve seen enough to think it’s not quite that bad and we’ll finish more or less where we are now. The real test is more about whether we can be playing this supposed better football by the end of the season (and to a lesser extent whether he can build a better rapport with the fans).
11:22, Sun 26 Nov
Tilton Rifle
I think that any negativity around the Rooney appointment was massively amplified by Garry Cook's press conference.

If Cook had said that Rooney was being brought in to gradually implement a new way of playing and that this season is expected to be one of change and transition then I think the reaction would have been different.

There was unnecessary pressure added in the justification to replace John E. Hopefully it was a blip in the comms that have been pretty good otherwise.

I completely agree, but for me that makes the animosity towards the manager completely disproportionate. I understand scepticism, I think that’s nothing more than reasonable anyway. But some of the criticism is unbending and in my view unfair. It’s been extended beyond that so some can vent their dislike for Cook and even beyond that (fairly staggering to me) the owners. Not a lot of patience from some.
11:23, Sun 26 Nov
Wednesday are not the worst team in this division, based on yesterday.
11:23, Sun 26 Nov
newblue
Well, I can accept it’s limited vocabulary and a bit of hyperbole which means you come up with the cliche about ‘dogshite’ (bracket with people staying that anybody disagreeing with a slightly hysterical opinion needs to ‘give their head a wobble’) and the other side being made to look like Real Madrid, but that’s a bit different from what started this thread off.

I can perfectly well accept you saying ‘I remain to be convinced’ and I don’t doubt your support. What was being criticised though was something different, which was people complaining 10 minutes into the game that we’re trying to pass to each other and then booing the team off at half. Some people definitely do have an agenda and we see it in this thread, and it was there before the team kicked a ball under this manager, which in my view is pretty odd support: Apparently if you think this is an odd way to support the team you are a ‘happy clapper’.

I would take absolutely no notice of the poster who has said that, someone who seems to take pleasure in only posting to attempt to wind up fellow Blues fans, is as weird as people booing their own keeper for an error after 11 minutes. Strange.
Up the feckin Blues
11:24, Sun 26 Nov
Agreed. I can't understand that mindset. Cook and Wagner are a million miles from where we were. Even if Blues finish 4th from bottom I'll still be more optimistic for the long term than a playoff finish with the previous owners.
Rab C Nesbitt
The only way to get everyone on board is to consistently win games but I’m not sure even that will be enough

It will be enough if it happens, surely? It just seems a bit less likely to happen than it would have been after ripping up and starting again going into winter, against raised expectations that wouldn’t have been there otherwise.