09:37, Fri 5 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
I refer you to the mentalist thread.
People are losing their marbles. I’m incredibly relaxed on who we’ll appoint, because there is absolutely no point in not being relaxed over it. Despite who I’d prefer. Some are saying they’re done with the club and will hand season tickets back etc if so and so is appointed.
Roll on Saturday.

You were incredibly relaxed about JE getting the boot and look where that got us. 🤣
09:43, Fri 5 Jan
Tilton Rifle
Rab C Nesbitt
People are losing their marbles. I’m incredibly relaxed on who we’ll appoint, because there is absolutely no point in not being relaxed over it. Despite who I’d prefer. Some are saying they’re done with the club and will hand season tickets back etc if so and so is appointed.
Roll on Saturday.

You were incredibly relaxed about JE getting the boot and look where that got us. 🤣

Personally still think the decision to sack JE was fine assuming it was made after Norwich, it was the replacement that was the issue. They tried something different and it's massively backfired, which is why it's important the next appointment isn't another huge risk.

You can only make decisions with what you know at the time
09:43, Fri 5 Jan
Tilton Rifle
Rab C Nesbitt
Roll on Saturday.

Mowbray hopefully. Upgrade via a traffic jam
Tony Fantastico
09:48, Fri 5 Jan
Disagree. This season's cash should have been invested in the squad, not a managerial roundabout. Anyway it's done and I'll be happy with Mowbray. He's a good manager.
09:49, Fri 5 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Tilton Rifle
Rab C Nesbitt
Roll on Saturday.

Mowbray hopefully. Upgrade via a traffic jam

Well Mowbray it is….safe pair of hands, zero wow factor and now bookies favourite to come on board. As for the 2 main others who obviously think the same of the Club as our Villa friends, then they can zip off…
Just a perfect day. Drink sangria in the park And then later, when it gets dark...We go home
10:06, Fri 5 Jan
Tilton Rifle
Disagree. This season's cash should have been invested in the squad, not a managerial roundabout. Anyway it's done and I'll be happy with Mowbray. He's a good manager.

Yeah, I do wonder what the cost of opportunity has been there. How many players/what quality of players coming in has this cost us? They obviously hoped it would've worked out and Rooney would've attracted better players in Jan, we'll never know. I didn't like the sacking of Eustace, but I could just understand why they did it. But I'm with you, Mowbray for me is one of the better managers on paper that we've had in recent years and he's still going to try and change how we play, but just with more experience on how to do so, whilst also being a damn good bloke. Very happy if we get him in which looks likely.
10:09, Fri 5 Jan
Tilton Rifle

Yeah, I do wonder what the cost of opportunity has been there. How many players/what quality of players coming in has this cost us? They obviously hoped it would've worked out and Rooney would've attracted better players in Jan, we'll never know. I didn't like the sacking of Eustace, but I could just understand why they did it. But I'm with you, Mowbray for me is one of the better managers on paper that we've had in recent years and he's still going to try and change how we play, but just with more experience on how to do so, whilst also being a damn good bloke. Very happy if we get him in which looks likely.

.... and he seems the sort to stick around if he's successful
10:09, Fri 5 Jan
I don’t remember anyone being terribly excited at Hughton’s appointment, but he was well regarded in the end. I see Mowbray in a similar fashion. Solid Manager, well regarded by fans at Blackburn
10:11, Fri 5 Jan
Rags
Tilton Rifle

.... and he seems the sort to stick around if he's successful

That's also a very good point. Rooney was never going to stay. He was either going to fail catastrophically, or do well and move onto Everton or United