mad
16:54, Tue 2 Jan
Wbajm
PRBlue
I would be happy with Mowbray

Would be a great choice for Blues
Other than the late 70s/ early 80s the best football
I have seen at the Albion was sad to see him go (won championship + semi final of FA cup)
Built good footballing teams at most of the sides he has managed
Also he is a really likeable bloke.

Think he'd be a safe pair of hands. Kind of a Hodgson for this division. If he still has the appetite I'd have him. He'll wear any flak as well if things don't go too well start of next season
16:55, Tue 2 Jan
footballisanart
I’d be positive about Marsch. Don’t know why everyone is so against him.

Not sure if I'd dislike Rooney's scouse and erm's in press conferences more or less than his accent.

Jokes aside, I think he's just too much of a gamble. Could work but could go horribly wrong too and we absolutely cannot afford that. We already had a load of sht from people about "typical american owners appointing a big name", can you imagine if we then appointed an american who hasn't done a great deal in his management career either?

Marsch after Eustace would have been fine, but it's a different job now
16:57, Tue 2 Jan
Look at his record with Leipzig

Look at his record with Leeds

Then research a bit on his playing style

Then use yer brain
17:01, Tue 2 Jan
Hasn't achieved much...

he led Salzburg to a league and cup double in two consecutive seasons and made successive Champions League group stage appearances for the first time in clubs history.

He also holds the record for most wins by a coach in the US franchise history.

Is that's not achieving much, we are really setting the bar high.
Hearing it’s Cooper.
17:03, Tue 2 Jan
Hasn't achieved much...

he led Salzburg to a league and cup double in two consecutive seasons and made successive Champions League group stage appearances for the first time in clubs history.

38% win ration at Leipzig and 30% at Leeds in the PL. not bad really.

I’d be whelmed with Marsch, but it’s a bigger gamble than other choices.
17:09, Tue 2 Jan
Sacked after half a season at Leipzig
Hasn't achieved much...

You forgot to mention his record in competitive leagues
17:14, Tue 2 Jan
Maybe... But from what I've read, Mowbray doesn't want to work this far south anymore.

Cooper, apparently strongly being considered by Palace. Surely he would wait a little longer to see how that plays out.

And then you are in the realms of Rowett or Eustace.

Sheffield Wednesday took a gamble on a young manager without much experience and it is paying off.

Anyone walking in automatically gets an improved atmosphere, which will potentially win them a few extra points alone.

There are no guarantees in football, even Rowett or Eustace could come in and struggle.

This is going to be a very big appointment.
17:15, Tue 2 Jan
ThekombiChronicles
Hasn't achieved much...

Salzburg who are a big fish backed heavily financially in a small pond. Alright - he did well there - but has slightly lower points per game than their other managers in the last 10 years barring their current one. Even if we say he did average, it's a totally different job to blues.

Managing in the MLS is also very different to managing in England.

What's he done in England? Nothing overly impressive with a Leeds side that were already suited to playing his "high octane football". Leeds fans don't rate him.

So sorry, but I don't see why we *would* get overly excited about him when we're being linked to the names we're being linked to. Even Mowbray, alright he's achieved less, but what he does have is direct experience of the league and he'll get us to a better point than we are now. I'm not fully against Marsch, but I'm not excited about him neither
Probably better than Danny Röhl at Sheffield Wednesday and he seems to be doing alright.

Looking at win records alone doesn't always give you the complete picture.

People using Rooney's win rate at Derby for example. With the players he had at his disposal, I'd argue that he did well there.

It's clear that whoever comes in needs to be able to be pragmatic with their approach and need to create a bond with the fans. Apparently wearing BCFC tracksuit will also need to made very clear by the board, or more fans will be demanding quick action.
I have read widely on Jesse, that’s why I advised the other fella to do a bit of research. That’s why I mentioned that regardless of win rate, he managed to get sacked after just half a season at Leipzig. That’s why I think he would be a piss poor appointment
17:25, Tue 2 Jan
Hopefully, we will all be pleasantly surprised, but I think Cooper will wait to see wait happens with Palace. And if Mowbray doesn't fancy working this far south anymore, that doesn't leave many options.

Personally, I'd rather us go for a Mousinho type from Portsmouth over a return to Rowett or Eustace.

Good win ratio (50%). Improved Portsmouth when he took over.
I'm not advocating for Marsch. Just pointing out that to say he hasn't achieved anything was a bit of a stretch.

I'd personally go for someone lower down who is performing well. John Mousinho at Portsmouth for example.
ThekombiChronicles
Hopefully, we will all be pleasantly surprised, but I think Cooper will wait to see wait happens with Palace. And if Mowbray doesn't fancy working this far south anymore, that doesn't leave many options.

Personally, I'd rather us go for a Mousinho type from Portsmouth over a return to Rowett or Eustace.

Good win ratio (50%). Improved Portsmouth when he took over.

Talking of Danny’s anyone know what the Cowleys are up to?