16:43, Wed 3 Jan
Waggeh
Dunno mate. Same reason anyone takes any job I suppose. Money and that.

Not professional pride?
16:44, Wed 3 Jan
She knows absolutely nothing.
16:46, Wed 3 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE
I might be wrong but it’s not just about who is available…we can pinch someone from another club can’t we?

From clubs in L1 yes, that’s why the Portsmouth manager will be a realistic proposition and good fit!?

I'd be happy with him
16:48, Wed 3 Jan
Wazball
Fat Buddha CBE
I might be wrong but it’s not just about who is available…we can pinch someone from another club can’t we?

I think we’d have to pay compo for most mangers in some way. Cooper is still being paid by Forest I believe.

Everyone is available, but we'd normally have to pay compo to a club if someone's contract hasn't expired. Cooper is either still under contract or has been paid off, presumably the former because Forest will be hoping he finds employment elsewhere and they could then probably terminate his current contract with no further obligations. Whoever is willing to take him on though would have to at least match what Forest are presumably still paying him. That's my take on it anyway.
16:50, Wed 3 Jan
I thought once a manager was sacked then the club continues paying them until they get another job? So there wouldn't be any compensation.

Edit: basically agreeing with what you said JayDee
16:52, Wed 3 Jan
We might be paying Rooney for some time then.
17:00, Wed 3 Jan
TrickyBlue
I thought once a manager was sacked then the club continues paying them until they get another job? So there wouldn't be any compensation.

Edit: basically agreeing with what you said JayDee

Yeah, I think what I was trying to say is that if a club has a manager under contract and doesn't want to lose them, then we'd have to buy out the contract. But if a club has 'sacked' a manager they still have to pay the remainder of their contract unless they agree a contract elsewhere, which allows for a mutual termination of the original contract, or they pay them to terminate it (which may be the full balance or a part of it).

With Rooney, we could simply continue paying his contract or agree a termination fee. If the former, we're hoping someone comes along with a generous enough contract within the next 3 years. If the latter we can't spread the cost of his contract over the next three years as we might have to pay up in one go.
17:06, Wed 3 Jan
All I've read is how Rosenior was the brains behind Rooney so why don't we just get him in?
17:08, Wed 3 Jan
Because he got Derby relegated
Tony Fantastico
17:11, Wed 3 Jan
John Wick. Gerrintoem.
17:14, Wed 3 Jan
Steve Cotterill was the brains behind 'Arry Redknapp saving us from relegation. The decision to make him manager didn't go too well!
17:14, Wed 3 Jan
Hull already had him.
17:26, Wed 3 Jan
BlueSA
Steve Cotterill was the brains behind 'Arry Redknapp saving us from relegation. The decision to make him manager didn't go too well!

Blame the clowns who voted for him in the mail poll.
17:27, Wed 3 Jan
number8
Hull already had him.

Managers do move between clubs