13:55, Wed 3 Jan
Le Mod
Ribeye
Le Mod
Is their interest in Gary Rowett? Where's this?

I don't think he will even be considered

From what I've heard he is a back up plan. Possibly to wait until the end of season for the right man.

Ah right, could create other problems, if he does really well you're in a tricky position. Hopefully they can go long term and ideally one of their top 3 or 4 targets accepts the role.

It absolutely can not be Rowett. After all the talk from the owners to employ him would not make sense atall. Yes he would steady the ship but then end of the season if/when he gets replaced, fans would be up in arms again because he kept us up or finished top 17 and won’t be willing to support us trying to evolve the playing style. If the new managers suffers a defeat they would all be on his back again.
14:13, Wed 3 Jan
mjd2505
Dave
It's definitley not Cooper according to Talksport with him ruling himself out of the job. Unsurprsingly.

These Twitter accounts are ridiculous, should be immediate bans for Fake News.

Is it the same as Sky saying he's not interested, or do you think talksport have it on the money?

Its the way they said it, like they had heard it from Steve Cooper himself.

God knows, I hate this.
14:19, Wed 3 Jan
See I don't think fans would be bothered.

Unless he gets us in the top six or promoted nobody would bat an eyelid if it was made clear he was coming in on a six month contract.

End of the season he'd go with his reputation enhanced and our thanks/goodwill.

If we can't get someone we're happy with now he would be a good interim, but one that lurches away from the playing style we want.
H

Consistently correct.
14:21, Wed 3 Jan
We're still paying Eustace, would be be better off just bringing him back despite the embarrassment for Cook et al.
14:22, Wed 3 Jan
I think that's the crux isn't it - Rowett as caretaker effectively says we are just scrapping year 1 of the 10 year plan, we will restart in the summer.
14:23, Wed 3 Jan
David Xavis
I think that's the crux isn't it - Rowett as caretaker effectively says we are just scrapping year 1 of the 10 year plan, we will restart in the summer.

I could live with it tbh, as much as the snake rubs me up the wrong way, he will get results this season.

Rather that than them go all in for there 3/4th choice.
Tam
14:23, Wed 3 Jan
BluSabre
We're still paying Eustace, would be be better off just bringing him back despite the embarrassment for Cook et al.

Well, IF you're going to employ an ex-manager (ad they would agree!) Eustace makes far more sense, as he knows the squad, it's 'his' squad and the players (and many of the fans) would respond positively to him. We could do with looking forwards though. I think Rowett would finish me off. Not in a sexy way.
Make Blues Great Again
14:30, Wed 3 Jan
BluSabre

True but there's a lot more in play with Eustace, he's not going to come back for six months and then go again and I don't think there's many fans who see him as the man to do it for us long term are there? Plus, he'd know the board don't really want him.

I know I was a Rowett fan boy but I wouldn't want him long term, I'd rather they just not panic into another 3 year deal for someone they don't want when they could just get someone trusted to hold the fort for 6 months.

Ideally, we get our 1st/2nd choice and we're happy and it's all irrelevant anyway.
H

Consistently correct.
People are tiresome. Someone says something ill advised once and the clever bastards use it as a stick to beat them with forever.
14:32, Wed 3 Jan
mjd2505
Dave
It's definitley not Cooper according to Talksport with him ruling himself out of the job. Unsurprsingly.

These Twitter accounts are ridiculous, should be immediate bans for Fake News.

Is it the same as Sky saying he's not interested, or do you think talksport have it on the money?

Its the way they said it, like they had heard it from Steve Cooper himself.

God knows, I hate this.

Sky have changed their tune in the last hour.
Fat Buddha CBE
People are tiresome. Someone says something ill advised once and the clever bastards use it as a stick to beat them with forever.

Who do you mean?
H

Consistently correct.
In relation to this

absolutely can not be Rowett. After all the talk from the owners to employ him would not make sense atall
14:37, Wed 3 Jan
Nikola Zigic
BluSabre

True but there's a lot more in play with Eustace, he's not going to come back for six months and then go again and I don't think there's many fans who see him as the man to do it for us long term are there? Plus, he'd know the board don't really want him.

I know I was a Rowett fan boy but I wouldn't want him long term, I'd rather they just not panic into another 3 year deal for someone they don't want when they could just get someone trusted to hold the fort for 6 months.

Ideally, we get our 1st/2nd choice and we're happy and it's all irrelevant anyway.

Echo your sentiment re Eustace, just no fathomable way he comes back for many reasons.

If they can’t get there main target then yes don’t lump another managers pay off ontop of the ffp,
the situation might suit a Rowett who wants to work, knows it’s likely a short term fix for both parties.
He enhances his stock as we’re 20th currently and crap, and then we both move on in the summer.
Fat Buddha CBE
In relation to this

absolutely can not be Rowett. After all the talk from the owners to employ him would not make sense atall

Yeah I see, some people don't seem to want to see anything other than black or white.
H

Consistently correct.
14:45, Wed 3 Jan
Tam
There's only a few managers who would put up with a short term contract and also succeed in motivating the team. What would the players think of a temporary manager? Their motivation is crucial to the success on the pitch and selling the club along the lines of "we're plugging the gap to the summer then gonna change it all up" isn't going to attract anyone ambitious or motivate Premier League clubs to let us borrow their decent youth talent.

Rooney has been sacked now, whilst there is still a buffer to the bottom three, so that we're not in an even more precarious position and therefore having to attract a manager who's only job it is to diffuse the relegation time bomb. If we do end up doing this then we're losing more than year one of the ten year plan.

We have to look long term and employ someone who we think can do the job for 2-3 years. The players (current and incoming) know what the 'project' is all about, the next manager should be chosen to establish their motivation to be part of it. They might think they're part of the initial phase or if they're good enough to be on board for longer than that, but any decent manager will be able to extract the best out of both types of player. A temporary manager only has one goal, and it's short term all hands on deck type of attitude that'll take months/years to turn around. We can't keep managing this way, like we have for the last 10 years, and need to realise there'll be some painful moments that we simply have to ride out to reach the calmer waters.