I'd be really really surprised (and delighted) if Cooper came to us currently considering he could probably get another prem job if he's patient enough
KES
12:51, Tue 2 Jan
Why post pic of our previous manager?
12:51, Tue 2 Jan
KES
I would be over the moon with Cooper, but not getting carried away with unknown sources on twitter
How does a bloke who played 50-odd games in the Welsh league meet the requirement for a high-profile international to excite potential investors and punters in the US? I mean, the criteria for appointing a manager can't have changed so soon, can it?
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
12:53, Tue 2 Jan
Brad1875
I'd be really really surprised (and delighted) if Cooper came to us currently considering he could probably get another prem job if he's patient enough

Thing is how long does he wait!
Palace have zeroed in on McKenna apparently if and when Roy goes.
Non of Burnley, Luton will move on from there current managers.
Can’t see a job on the horizon for him in the prem in all honesty.

He’s obviously been sold the project and likes a challenge, I take it he also has a midlands home?
Great appointment if true.
12:53, Tue 2 Jan
Amy T
HackneyBlue
anyone have any idea what sort of money would be required to get Cooper from 3/1 to 4/7 this morning?

Not much. £50 would probably make such an early-days market shift, say from 3s to 2s.

A few people have had fifty quid on it, that’s all imo. If he’s still odds on tomorrow we might be in business.

I remember driving around to 5/6 Ladbrokes across Birmingham on a Sat night to put £50 a time down on Rowett being next blues boss

we all new it was happening and they were the last remaining bookie to leave the market up

didnt move the price at all IIRC but agree it wouldnt take much these days especially online
Barking Poslethwaite
How does a bloke who played 50-odd games in the Welsh league meet the requirement for a high-profile international to excite potential investors and punters in the US? I mean, the criteria for appointing a manager can't have changed so soon, can it?

Please don't. The prospect of Lampard or Gerrard is terrifying
Barking Poslethwaite

They are learning too.
Hopefully they have realised that being near the top of the league and potential
PL football generates more interest than a famous bloke at the bottom of league

They will learn that managers & players win football matches, not Clicks and number of followers
13:12, Tue 2 Jan
Brad1875

Doesn’t even need to be patient
13:14, Tue 2 Jan
JohnP
Ah ok, I thought he was one of the ones who did too much passing for no real gain, but sounds like the opposite.

Yeah I think following on from the likes of Brendan Rodgers and Roberto Martinez, his style was obviously different to what Swansea were used too.
But he did have to deal with an evolving squad, getting older players/big wages off the books.
Seems to work well with younger players too.

Would be a coup for blues imo, not sexy but a coup.

Didn't Cooper have to clear out a lot of Graham Potter's expensive failures at Swansea ?
13:17, Tue 2 Jan
Plenty of noise of ‘sources’ saying Cooper is done on X.

Most likely bollocks, but would be a great appointment.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
13:19, Tue 2 Jan
Brownie is on fire this afternoon. This beauty deserves sharing 😁
[x.com]
Tony Fantastico
13:26, Tue 2 Jan
Tilton Rifle
Chris
Tilton Rifle
The first filter should be min 40% win rate in the Championship over a sustained period.

Can you share your shortlist then against this mental filter?

Yes Chris.

Potter
Cooper
Mowbray
Rowett
Warnock

That's without getting my full data team on it. Hopefully the board will do that job for us.

You can add Steve Bruce. 46.7% in the Championship.
13:29, Tue 2 Jan
He makes it through the filter
13:29, Tue 2 Jan
Rags
JohnP
Ah ok, I thought he was one of the ones who did too much passing for no real gain, but sounds like the opposite.

Yeah I think following on from the likes of Brendan Rodgers and Roberto Martinez, his style was obviously different to what Swansea were used too.
But he did have to deal with an evolving squad, getting older players/big wages off the books.
Seems to work well with younger players too.

Would be a coup for blues imo, not sexy but a coup.

Didn't Cooper have to clear out a lot of Graham Potter's expensive failures at Swansea ?

Good point Rags!
Blimey they’ve had some managers haven’t they Swansea.