15:47, Wed 3 Jan
BlueSA
Our squad is good enough to not get relegated and some of the players are around for a while to come.

I see no benefit in reverting to the turgid style of pragmatic football employed by the sweater wearing, knicker flashing DVB tart.

If we can't get the right person in quickly then we should persist with a caretaker. The next head coach/manager needs to be someone capable of delivering on The Project.
I think the project and No fear football have to take a backseat for the remainder of the season if we want to be playing our football in the championship.
15:49, Wed 3 Jan
We’re 6 points clear of relegation with a team that should be comfortably mid table at least. Why are people going on like we’re cut adrift at the bottom of the table?
15:50, Wed 3 Jan
BlueSA
Our squad is good enough to not get relegated and some of the players are around for a while to come.

I see no benefit in reverting to the turgid style of pragmatic football employed by the sweater wearing, knicker flashing DVB tart.

If we can't get the right person in quickly then we should persist with a caretaker. The next head coach/manager needs to be someone capable of delivering on The Project.

I hope the board aren't being complacent, which hopefully sacking Rooney is evidence of - I think we have good enough players to stay up comfortably with the right manager but form under Rooney was 100% relegation as the bottom club form, which shows how the players do with the wrong manager.
15:56, Wed 3 Jan
I don't agree. It would be hard for someone coming in to be as bad as Rooney. There are 60 points still available and we likely need 22 or so to assure safety. It's not panic stations.

An interim choice (such as VR) has no real incentive to do well. VR does not get clubs out of the Championship and does not play an attractive brand of football either.
16:00, Wed 3 Jan
TrickyBlue
We’re 6 points clear of relegation with a team that should be comfortably mid table at least. Why are people going on like we’re cut adrift at the bottom of the table?

We’re 11/1 to finish on the top half which I think is very good odds if we get the right manager. Put a few on it.
Gazball?
I might be wrong but it’s not just about who is available…we can pinch someone from another club can’t we?
16:12, Wed 3 Jan
FootyInsider have made an article "revealing" that we've made Steve Cooper our first choice!

Wow!

That means it's probably not happening then
16:13, Wed 3 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE
I might be wrong but it’s not just about who is available…we can pinch someone from another club can’t we?

From clubs in L1 yes, that’s why the Portsmouth manager will be a realistic proposition and good fit!?
Just a perfect day. Drink sangria in the park And then later, when it gets dark...We go home
Fat Buddha CBE

I think we’d have to pay compo for most mangers in some way. Cooper is still being paid by Forest I believe.
Gazball?
16:28, Wed 3 Jan
mjd2505
FootyInsider have made an article "revealing" that we've made Steve Cooper our first choice!

Wow!

That means it's probably not happening then

I'd usually agree but Football Insider had a decent record with us in the summer, if I recall correctly.

I'm inclined to belive them, but of course just because he's our first choice doesn't mean we're likely to end up with him.
16:31, Wed 3 Jan
Yes of course he’s our first choice, most of the championship would surely have him as their manager. Why would he go back there when he doesn’t need to?
16:35, Wed 3 Jan
Dunno mate. Same reason anyone takes any job I suppose. Money and that.
16:36, Wed 3 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE

Exactly this. Whats "world class" about only looking at unemployed managers. Identify who you want and go after him
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
16:40, Wed 3 Jan
Who is that with? might be worth putting a couple of quid on.
16:43, Wed 3 Jan
This is the bird who said it was practically done yesterday from what she was told.

Read the comments, sticking point is he wants January budget to bring in his own players, not sure we’re able to give him that currently.
Not sure how genuine she is, she’s got 40k followers make of it what you will 🤷‍♂️

[x.com]