11:40, Tue 2 Jan
Waggeh
Bookies don't usually get it wrong.
In management markets they do. A tenner or two on the same bloke makes him favourite.
Tony Fantastico
11:40, Tue 2 Jan
Ian Evatt might be worth considering. Done a great job at Bolton and was very good at Barrow before that.

If he'd want to leave a Bolton side on the up to come to us is another matter entirely.

Another manager with a colourful hinterland. No ta.
11:41, Tue 2 Jan
Bluesince62
I know people point out Marsch has a decent record, but didn't like him when at Leeds, hopefully it'll be someone else, but I get the USA connection. If it was him though, I'd be pretty sure he'd be a better appointment than Rooney.

Yeah, he does at least have some previous record of success but his time at Leeds doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

I wouldn't turn him down because he's American (that's a tired old stereotype these days) but he wouldn't be my first choice either. If Cooper wants the job then you have to bite his hand off surely?
Iain_Gavin
Cattellroadcorner
I reckon it's Cooper.

I would have Eustace back - I think he deserves a chance to finish what he started this season, and with all the off the field stuff being overhauled, another 18 months of stability and progression on the pitch could be what is needed - I fully accept this wont happen, so my order is as follows

1) Cooper
2) Marsch
3) Hassenhutl
Stuff Eustace. Look forward please
Tony Fantastico
Fat Buddha CBE
Ian Evatt might be worth considering. Done a great job at Bolton and was very good at Barrow before that.

If he'd want to leave a Bolton side on the up to come to us is another matter entirely.

Another manager with a colourful hinterland. No ta.
Clean shirt
Tony Fantastico
I do not believe there will be any marquee manager trotted out again this season being introduced by Cook and a three year contract etc - that would be embarrassing to say the least - oh look here we are again second time lucky kind of press conference - cringe!!

It'll be someone appointed till end of the season either from within the club or someone like Rowett with a proper appointment and full pre-season in the summer whatever league we are in (and however the interim manager manages to get on the remainder of the season whether its a full time appointment)
11:45, Tue 2 Jan
It feels like the best managers at our level these days are relative unknowns picked from Germany, France, etc. where they have been number 2s or doing well as managers at lower levels. Not sure how you find them though.
11:46, Tue 2 Jan
I would imagine they have been looking into replacing him for a couple of weeks !
11:49, Tue 2 Jan
Bluesince62
I know people point out Marsch has a decent record, but didn't like him when at Leeds, hopefully it'll be someone else, but I get the USA connection. If it was him though, I'd be pretty sure he'd be a better appointment than Rooney.

Yeah, he does at least have some previous record of success but his time at Leeds doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

I wouldn't turn him down because he's American (that's a tired old stereotype these days) but he wouldn't be my first choice either. If Cooper wants the job then you have to bite his hand off surely?

You seen how brilliant Forest have been since Cooper left ?

That's my biggest doubt
KES
11:49, Tue 2 Jan
Plenty of people from Germany enjoy been number 2's, or covered in number 2's.
11:50, Tue 2 Jan
Gary Rowett

You know what... i dont think id be as worried as i was with Rooney.

Hes got experience.

Christ i wouldn't be that bothered with Eustace back on a short term. Hes dug in before.

We need someone who can get us out the shit sooner rather than later.

The project is on ice as far as im concerned.
11:50, Tue 2 Jan
KES
KES
Plenty of people from Germany enjoy been number 2's, or covered in number 2's.

I've seen some films.
Patrick Viera
11:52, Tue 2 Jan
KES
Cooper has gone from 9s to 2-1 fave with skybet.
People are lumping on or they know something we don’t.
11:54, Tue 2 Jan
TaylorJay84
Cooper has gone from 9s to 2-1 fave with skybet.
People are lumping on or they know something we don’t.

Cooper taking it apparently.