If the Atletic Article is correct and their is interest in Carsley. he already works with Ashley Cole as his assistant manager in the England U21 set-up, may be a natural link up for the 2 if he was to be appointed?
10:46, Wed 3 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE
In all seriousness I heard last night that we've spoken to Cooper and it wasn't a straight out No. He needs convincing which is quite obvious really. Cook is involved in the decision and is pushing hard. I'd be surprised if we don't get him, love or hate Cook but he knows how to sell. He's a clever bloke and could sell ice to the Eskimos. Same person who I've had info off in the past(info dried up massively since takeover) also said Mowbray not on the list nor Ralph H but Gary Rowett and a bloke from abroad are back up plans to Cooper.

You don’t knowingly post bullshit, as far as I’m aware. Not sure if it is good or bad news. On the one hand Cook could have been over confident and shot his bolt, on the other, there’s still a chance. Cook and co haven’t done themselves any favours really, sacking two managers in half a season. Anyone with any sense would be circumspect.

Just passing on what I've been told. Most of the time he's right particularly on transfers. Info dried right up though which is good in a way.
10:48, Wed 3 Jan
Tell him to stop posting the info 2nd class
Tony Fantastico
11:26, Wed 3 Jan
Let's say Cooper isn't coming (I've no clue but the twitter "sources" yesterday said he'd be in and announced by now, so looks less likely) - if we could pick one realistic appointment (so no Potter or Hassenhuttl) who would you pick?

I wouldn't hate Mowbray, failing that, I think I'd take Rowett or Eustace back for 6 months to allow us more time to assess and get the next big appointment right. Someone we know and know what we're going to get out of them, probably end up finishing mid table somewhere, gives a solid foundation for next year. I'm not a fan of Steve Spooner in charge on an interim.

Carsley or Marsch are just too big of a risk when we've thrown so many points away under Rooney. But out of those I'd pick Carsley. Done great things with the England U21s, and already works with Cole, as well as the existing connections to the club. Aware we got spanked by Hull when he was caretaker as I went, but that was a while ago now.
If the Atletic Article is correct and their is interest in Carsley. he already works with Ashley Cole as his assistant manager in the England U21 set-up, may be a natural link up for the 2 if he was to be appointed?

Carsley has no experience as a league manager, other than a couple of less than impressive games at Blues as caretaker.

Therfore he'd be a huge risk, and I can't believe Knighthead would sanction his appointment therefore, particularly after the Rooney debacle
I'm finding their interest in Gary Rowett really, really weird.

He's the opposite of front foot no fear football.

Unless they are panicking and fear relegation- or just want an interim who lives local who'll steady the ship?

It looks a really weird lurch backwards to me.
H

Consistently correct.
11:39, Wed 3 Jan
Nikola Zigic
I'm finding their interest in Gary Rowett really, really weird.

He's the opposite of front foot no fear football.

Unless they are panicking and fear relegation- or just want an interim who lives local who'll steady the ship?

It looks a really weird lurch backwards to me.

major question marks for me even if its badged as a temp measure to end of the season
11:40, Wed 3 Jan
Is their interest in Gary Rowett? Where's this?

I don't think he will even be considered
Happy Clapper
11:41, Wed 3 Jan
Talksport reported it yesterday. Safe hands if Cooper isn't happening
I also find it weird, but it makes me think they're perhaps accepting that the current squad isn't capable of playing that way and they don't want to see us relegated, so bringing someone like a Rowett in, is almost guaranteed safety and mid table while they think bigger for the summer. That's logic I can understand
Nikola Zigic
Or just want an interim who lives local who'll steady the ship?

It's that bit I reckon.

They really can't take any risks with the next appointment. Cooper is seemingly the only outstanding candidate and if he don’t fancy it. The only other option is a steady hand.

I wouldn't want to be the one making the decision but It's a problem of their own making.
11:46, Wed 3 Jan
Novakainian

Oh right, first I've heard of that
Happy Clapper
Novakainian
Talksport. Oh ok.
Tony Fantastico
Le Mod
Is their interest in Gary Rowett? Where's this?

I don't think he will even be considered

From what I've heard he is a back up plan. Possibly to wait until the end of season for the right man.
11:49, Wed 3 Jan
If we really wanted a DVB in to steady the ship we might as well get the one Blues are likely still paying and who knows the squad.

That said I want to go forward not backwards so I want someone new and not an ex-Blues manager or a DVB.