Mudslinging was inevitable sadly.

People will now say that he’s just as bad etc etc

Shows that there’s a lot of people with skeletons in their closest
mad
17:19, Thu 18 Nov
My Blue Heaven
What about him, I can’t see the context in that link

Edit sorry I’ve just seen the messages now

Are these the only ones we know about as of yet?
Had it been on a public platform you'd think it'd have been picked up earlier?
17:21, Thu 18 Nov
But that doesn't excuse the treatment he got does it?
mad
My Blue Heaven
Shows that there’s a lot of people with skeletons in their closest

Also shows the purpose racism serves (established UK society depends on it) and why we'll all never be free of it sadly - power game and we're all pawns in it
Spying Cop
Facebook or Twitter, the Telegraph or the Times, does it matter? Rafiq has had racist tendencies himself in the past.

And does that make anything he said this week irrelevant?
17:24, Thu 18 Nov
mad
I think, cricketers unless high profile stars fall under the radar somewhat and at the time they were posted I doubt anyone batted an eyelid

Additionally Calling someone a Jew was probably a lot more common place when talking about being “tight” at the time

Hopefully the awareness the last couple of years dilutes it as much as possible

It will never be eradicated as unfortunately you’re relying on people. People are shit
17:26, Thu 18 Nov
mad
I also think there’s an element in every race that hates another, we are world that’s have war, murder, deaths and all sorts of stuff between countries And religions

Sadly racism is ingrained in lots of people who are happy too pass it on to their kin
17:28, Thu 18 Nov
Oh dear.

It's just a mess all around and reinforces that racism isn't just something white people do.
Dong Ren Out.
mad
17:28, Thu 18 Nov
Spying Cop
Facebook or Twitter, the Telegraph or the Times, does it matter? Rafiq has had racist tendencies himself in the past.

We all have that in us. The brutalising nature of lived male youth experience in the UK will force many people to behave in ways such as this - share banter privately in the car for instance - it's a bit different from Vaughan carelessly uttering his misguided remark to 4 Asian team-mates as they walked onto the field at Trent Bridge. He may have even thought he was making a genuinely witty remark he expected a witty remark back.

Vaughan's for me wasn't that serious either but he has and abuses a mass media platform and was probably set to become / if not already the Lineker of cricket
mad
17:34, Thu 18 Nov
My Blue Heaven
I think, cricketers unless high profile stars fall under the radar somewhat and at the time they were posted I doubt anyone batted an eyelid

Additionally Calling someone a Jew was probably a lot more common place when talking about being “tight” at the time

Hopefully the awareness the last couple of years dilutes it as much as possible

It will never be eradicated as unfortunately you’re relying on people. People are shit

You are right it is always be there it is in the very fabric of our society not just a past thing either but I think there is something in the idea that is not a snapshot of a person's character but just an expected outcome of our social make up especially in certain settings. I'd say there was less of it in Brum but then I'm not necessarily privy to conversations in South Asian households in Brum and my experiences of the 1990's Brum street talk when I was that age will be different to 2000's/2010's Leeds or London.
mad
17:38, Thu 18 Nov
I wonder if Gary Ballance or Rooty will reach out to Azeem at this time in the same way Azeem had sought to ensure Gary was going to be alright when it all broke about him 2 weeks ago
17:44, Thu 18 Nov
HackneyBlue
Spying Cop

And does that make anything he said this week irrelevant?
Definitely not. But he should be judged for his own actions and words too.
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
mad
17:51, Thu 18 Nov
He was judged all his career for his actions at Yorkshire. If these are private msgs they are no worse than Olly Robinson's. We all forgive him after his appropriate suspension earlier this season and hope he steamrollers the Aussies and similarly hope Azeem does well in future too
17:54, Thu 18 Nov
mad
Robinson got off too lightly imo. And I think I said so at the time
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
17:56, Thu 18 Nov
LondonBlue
Oh dear.

It's just a mess all around and reinforces that racism isn't just something white people do.

I don't believe anybody that says they've never made a racist comment.