18:26, Fri 19 Nov
Fat Buddha
I especially like point number 5, I think it's very important if things are going to improve.

I disagree with point 5. I’m sorry for hating the Villa and saying nasty things about them.

Do I mean that?

😁

We should learn to embrace them and love them FB.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
18:33, Fri 19 Nov
Antonio Gramsci
Haven't read it all.

But Mr Rafuq, who I really admire, shows us all how it is done.

His antisemitism has led to his apology and committ himself to tackling antisemitism.

We all feck it up at times, we all have less knowledge about ethnicities than we could and may hence may be prejudiced.

So, we all have to recognise our mistakes, learn and move in.

Its kind of like working against the grain. Uncomfortable but neccessary. Us white folks as the majority, and with it the power, have a particular responsibility.

Did he have a choice ?
21:01, Fri 19 Nov
Homer
Antonio Gramsci
Haven't read it all.

But Mr Rafuq, who I really admire, shows us all how it is done.

His antisemitism has led to his apology and committ himself to tackling antisemitism.

We all feck it up at times, we all have less knowledge about ethnicities than we could and may hence may be prejudiced.

So, we all have to recognise our mistakes, learn and move in.

Its kind of like working against the grain. Uncomfortable but neccessary. Us white folks as the majority, and with it the power, have a particular responsibility.

He's given an interview to a Jewish newspaper. He appears genuinely upset with his younger self.

Vaughan's still pretending it didn't happen.

Did he have a choice ?
If Rafiq gets compo then YCCC will be paying a racist who was a victim of racism. How crazy is that?
Bordesley not Small Heath
If Rafiq gets compo then YCCC will be paying a racist who was a victim of racism. How crazy is that?

I’m still baffled people can’t see how very different the two scenarios are. One is institutionalised racism, and if YCCC are guilty of this and as has been mentioned members of that board are Jewish are they not then illicit (not my thoughts just trying to follow the logic of refunding the money to the same people that were guilty of racism on a massive scale). The other is a 19 year old kid sending racist messages, for which he has sought out the Jewish community to discuss and apologise.

One ruined a career and brought a young man to the brink of suicide, the other no one new about until today and whilst he will be rightly castigated for it, it was not an institutions trying to marginalise someone of colour.

It’s chalk and cheese.
22:06, Fri 19 Nov
Over 1000 people have contacted the ECB about discrimination in the sportin the last week
Radavis
Bordesley not Small Heath

I’m still baffled people can’t see how very different the two scenarios are. One is institutionalised racism, and if YCCC are guilty of this and as has been mentioned members of that board are Jewish are they not then illicit (not my thoughts just trying to follow the logic of refunding the money to the same people that were guilty of racism on a massive scale). The other is a 19 year old kid sending racist messages, for which he has sought out the Jewish community to discuss and apologise.

One ruined a career and brought a young man to the brink of suicide, the other no one new about until today and whilst he will be rightly castigated for it, it was not an institutions trying to marginalise someone of colour.

It’s chalk and cheese.

Can see difference, my point being that YCCC is a slightly more tricky position than they were before.
Don’t disagree with that at all, just didn’t get that was the point you were making.
If you see the statement that the ECB has put out today, you’ll see that the game as a whole is now solidly behind Rafiq, regardless of a few racists insisting upon making ridiculous comparisons
22:27, Fri 19 Nov
fradge
Blue are ya?
fradge
Blue are ya?
Micky Darrell
Wyndcliff
Micky Darrell
It seems Rafiq used that trope about Jews money and being mean.

It's not true and it is racist.

I believe he is honestly contrite and Jewish community leaders have accepted that.

Rafiq was never in a position to affect Jews in any way and doesn't really compare to the racism he has suffered.

So my racism is not as bad as your racism (for example)? Racism is racism. Or does it depend on who is the perpetrator and who is the victim?

Yes it does. It's vital to understand this if you're serious about fighting racism.

Are you suggesting that there is a pecking order when it comes to racism?
If so would you care to enlighten us all as to who is at the top of this order i.e. who it's "OK" to be racist to and who is at the bottom.

Do you understand that there is a difference between a black person (who belongs to a community that has been discriminated against for a long time) calling me a 'h****' and me (who belongs to the community that has discriminated against his community) the 'n' word?

In this scenario how does the black person know that you belong to a "community" who has discriminated against his "community". I guess you are white European (in appearance). You could be Jewish (another community that has been discriminated aginst), you could be Irish, who have been used as slaves by North Africans, you could be Polish or from the Baltic states etc etc
Racism is racism.
My belief is there is no excuse for racism, you seem to suggest otherwise

Where do I excuse racism?

I'm merely pointing out that context is important & that white people like me need to be particularly careful - given the history of discrimination in the UK.

Do you agree?

No because you are lumping all white people together irrespective of their ancestry or heritage
If you made the same assumptions about all black, brown or yellow people you would rightly be condemned as a racist
What's the difference?
23:27, Fri 19 Nov
mad
sopwith
So Jewish members of YCCC should compensate an anti Jew? I doubt if YCCC knew of his racism when they agreed the compensation. I am sure, if his contrition is genuine, that he will now return the money. That's all I ask for.

This is appalling levels of anti-semitism

The mere idea that Jewish people's first thoughts on this are the money that Azeem has quite appropriately been compensated for having to fight for three years.

Also in your earlier post. Why wouldn't Jewish people have wanted to leave Brum as part of what's unfortunately termed 'white flight' but is actually basic socio-economics in the 70's and 80's for the very same reasons other folks did to Solihull and Bromsgrove and Worcester and all the rest of it?

Also I'm offended by your suggestion that Brum is somehow a lesser city and Leeds is somehow still a good city as a result of these patterns of migration. FFS

Would you make the same rancid arguments about Bradford or Leicester?

That’s one of the worst posts I have read on here.

Genuinely shocked you have made that accusation.
23:29, Fri 19 Nov
TBF he/she said white people like them, it could be a miscommunication.
06:26, Sat 20 Nov
It is classic that Rafiq is being let of the hook here because of so-called one tweet when he was 19, anti Semitism is prevalent in the Pakistani community generally due of course religious and political reasons, any one of us who have known people who are capable of racist intolerance persist with these views over a long period or in fact forever, one tweet will most likely be indicative his long held antisemitic mindset,
What this sorry episode has done has shone a light on is that casual racism was very prevalent 10-20 years ago in society i believe it is Improving as most of us become more enlightend.
07:33, Sat 20 Nov
Who’s letting him off the hook?
08:03, Sat 20 Nov
MSM BBC IN particular