mad
17:56, Thu 18 Nov
My Blue Heaven
I also think there’s an element in every race that hates another, we are world that’s have war, murder, deaths and all sorts of stuff between countries And religions

That is learnt here in Britain which codified racism, pretended it had all the hero's who abolished slavery etc... and helped to codify war and empire just like it codified football or cricket. It is necessary for Britain to continue the way it has to have racism here. It's just more ingrained in Yorkshire the fact Asian cricket leagues were set up only served to continue it and entrench it there more deeply

Those things CAN be unlearnt but it is almost as big a task as cricket has got ahead of it.

Almost...
18:01, Thu 18 Nov
Spying Cop
It appears Rafiq is guilty himself of racism. The Daily Telegraph is reporting anti-semitic twitters he made in the past. Oh dear.

Not kept up with all of this and don’t follow cricket but my understanding is they all sound as bad as each other
18:03, Thu 18 Nov
mad
Can we get back to Blues now this bloke has been exposed as being as bad as the rest of us !
18:07, Thu 18 Nov
Agreed, sounds as much of a div as the rest of the team
18:09, Thu 18 Nov
I’m on a WhatsApp group with a bunch of Indian guys and they all refer to ****s, rather than Pakistanis. Unfortunately, it’s endemic.

I’ve also lived in France, Germany and Ireland and my experience is that racism in those countries is more overt, and foreigners have far more difficulty being accepted and assimilated. Just my experience.

So, it is / we are all bad.
mad
18:13, Thu 18 Nov
Acker
Can we get back to Blues now this bloke has been exposed as being as bad as the rest of us !

You can do what you want. Facinating the usernames who suddenly turn up with their gatekeeping role

Long live the MCC etc...

Interesting to find out if Yorkshire are a big enough institution in and of themselves to get this sort of thing (I suspect they are) or would they have lent on the old school tie network at the MCC for help with this?
18:17, Thu 18 Nov
Acker

When I saw this news I knew this would happen

More racism being exposed does not mean we should just shut down the debate and move on, it should open it up even more, it also doesn’t exonerate anyone
18:19, Thu 18 Nov

Not really, no. We all need to get better.
18:25, Thu 18 Nov
Frank

Not really, no. We all need to get better.

Absolutely this. It’s almost as if some in here wanted Rafiq to have skeletons in his cupboard….

Edit. Whilst he will be in trouble for this, and rightly so, it does rather pale into comparison with a lifetime of racism aimed at him. It’s certainly not a case of ‘they’re all as bad as each other’
18:28, Thu 18 Nov
Wyndcliff
I’m on a WhatsApp group with a bunch of Indian guys and they all refer to ****s, rather than Pakistanis. Unfortunately, it’s endemic.

I’ve also lived in France, Germany and Ireland and my experience is that racism in those countries is more overt, and foreigners have far more difficulty being accepted and assimilated. Just my experience.

So, it is / we are all bad.

What's your point?

When people say oh everybody does it they're all as bad as each other it usually an excuse to do nothing. To treat it as natural.

Of course racism isn't confined to Yorkshire or England or anywhere but you are here. Simply to complain about other countries racism is, well, racist.
18:37, Thu 18 Nov
Tiltonblue
Spying Cop
It appears Rafiq is guilty himself of racism. The Daily Telegraph is reporting anti-semitic twitters he made in the past. Oh dear.

Oh dear indeed.
18:47, Thu 18 Nov
Thanks for outing yourselves, lads. Makes the job of muting you all much easier.
roger hynd
Tiltonblue
Spying Cop

Oh dear indeed.

This guy hogged the news over the last few days but his own racism just gets a 30 seconds mention on the news this evening. How does that work?
A shoplifter gets less news print than a organisation abusing people at a senior level down for decades to use another analogy.
Surely you can see the difference in this case?
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
mad
18:51, Thu 18 Nov
They only apparently found it this lunchtime and it's all over. Took Azeem Rafiq 3 years to achieve similar breakthrough with his mountain of evidence