18:57, Thu 18 Nov
mad
The culprits in the Yorkshire dressing room and management etc need to be brought to account but azeed has been racist and foolish himself and will lose some goodwill no doubt.
Whole things a mess
19:00, Thu 18 Nov
Chris
Thanks for outing yourselves, lads. Makes the job of muting you all much easier.

There are zero surprises.
Probably because one tweet isn't as severe as years of abuse.
19:18, Thu 18 Nov
Some of the replies make me want to log out and never log back in
19:58, Thu 18 Nov
There sure is a lot of racism about, isn’t there.

How weird that people come on here to declare their satisfaction with how racist they are.
mad
20:00, Thu 18 Nov
roger hynd
The culprits in the Yorkshire dressing room and management etc need to be brought to account but azeed has been racist and foolish himself and will lose some goodwill no doubt.
Whole things a mess

True. The appetite for change at Yorks should still be there I'd guess though. Vaughan will get away with it unless his voice was recorded by Sky somehow. It's from 2009 and some of the other evidence was horrifying to read but a bit vague. Gale, Bresnan etc... racist bullying culture, Moxon lacking duty of care in 2018, Arthur failings and the club as a whole should be the priorities going forwards although there's bound to be more to come out. Half expect a return fire from Rashid perhaps or Ajmal Shazad will suddenly remember something. Will Dizzy Gillespie make any statement before the Big Bash starts? By then several other clubs may well have their own mini versions of this tit for tat game
20:07, Thu 18 Nov
mad
mad
I wonder if Gary Ballance or Rooty will reach out to Azeem at this time in the same way Azeem had sought to ensure Gary was going to be alright when it all broke about him 2 weeks ago

The difference being that Ballance hasn't accused Rafiq of anything, so why should he reach out?

This is all on Rafiq's anti-Semitism. That's got nothing to do with Ballance.
Dong Ren Out.
mad
20:13, Thu 18 Nov
It's about being human simple as that mate

Also Rafiq wasn't making accusations about Ballance. What Ballance did was accepted by both sides well before now. What Rafiq has argued is that Yorkshire CCC were the real racists for trying to cover it all up to avoid scrutiny moving onto Gale/Moxon/Colin Graves etc...
20:31, Thu 18 Nov
Micky Darrell
Wyndcliff
I’m on a WhatsApp group with a bunch of Indian guys and they all refer to ****s, rather than Pakistanis. Unfortunately, it’s endemic.

I’ve also lived in France, Germany and Ireland and my experience is that racism in those countries is more overt, and foreigners have far more difficulty being accepted and assimilated. Just my experience.

So, it is / we are all bad.

What's your point?

When people say oh everybody does it they're all as bad as each other it usually an excuse to do nothing. To treat it as natural.

Of course racism isn't confined to Yorkshire or England or anywhere but you are here. Simply to complain about other countries racism is, well, racist.

My point, Mick, is we all need to get better.
20:35, Thu 18 Nov
I wonder if others will be as generous as the Leaders of the Jewish community, who recognise wrong was done, but can see contrition and, therefore, do not wish to see this man demonised.
mad
20:51, Thu 18 Nov
That is indeed very positive that many from that community have suggested we should all follow the example so eloquently set by Azeem himself

Even with someone like Martyn Moxon all Rafiq wanted originally was an explanation and apology for his treatment in 2018 and for condoning the culture of racism within the club for a decade or more

Position is still untenable for likes of Gale, Moxon up there and the ECB or Govt need to help end the Graves family tie up with Yorks so the club and game can move forwards

This whole shit is now like a book we’ve all read over and over again. Whistleblower calls out establishment, establishment goes after whistleblower with media power. The whole racism thing will now go away and The Sun will run article after article about this instead. Deflection 101
21:08, Thu 18 Nov
Wyndcliff
I wonder if others will be as generous as the Leaders of the Jewish community, who recognise wrong was done, but can see contrition and, therefore, do not wish to see this man demonised.

Over the years the Jewish People have been discriminated against more than most in many Countries, and it is not that many years ago that Six Million of them were killed so I think they are indeed being very understanding. A young man made comments he now regrets. Anti Semitism is as bad as any other discrimination.
mad
21:22, Thu 18 Nov
I have a bit of an issue with the notion that all Jewish people think and speak with one unifying voice I know there's only about a quarter of a million jewish people in the UK but even so. It's like claiming all Irish Catholics think exactly the same. What's undoubtedly true is there will be Jewish people with views similar to all those expressed on this thread and beyond including some appalled by Rafiq and now willing to castigate him and some very racist NF types too. Equally there'll be many who were impressed by the eloquence he displayed on Tuesday and still be willing him and society on in the aim of reforming Yorkshire CCC, also those who supported him right up to today and have now lost all faith in him. And all ideas in between
21:40, Thu 18 Nov
It seems Rafiq used that trope about Jews money and being mean.

It's not true and it is racist.

I believe he is honestly contrite and Jewish community leaders have accepted that.

Rafiq was never in a position to affect Jews in any way and doesn't really compare to the racism he has suffered.
22:03, Thu 18 Nov
mad
mad
My Blue Heaven
Shows that there’s a lot of people with skeletons in their closest

Also shows the purpose racism serves (established UK society depends on it) and why we'll all never be free of it sadly - power game and we're all pawns in it

Not sure whether this was a deliberate reference - but Bob D sang this SIXTY years ago - it's (sadly) as true as ever.