17:13, Sat 27 Nov
mad
On a very simple level, Vaughan doesn't have to be an out and out blatant racist for the ECB and BBC to consider him an inappropriate person to front their coverage of a sport trying to repair itself and grow. It is perfectly reasonable for the BBC/ECB to seek to go in a different direction now or at least temporarily

If Vaughan wasn't such a one trick pony and wasn't so wedded to some of his views he might find a fulfilling way to move on himself

That smacks of punishment. From what I've read, it doesn't need his career ending which is a negative. If he really is contrite and the BBC and ECB are genuine, they could make this episode a positive.
mad
22:01, Sat 27 Nov
The Azeem and Tuffers show?
The Vaughan and Rafiq show?

Oh I've got it ..
The Raffa and Vaughan show

A development along those lines might just save his dear old auntie beeb career

Let's be fair. Both Yorkshire CCC and Michael Vaughan himself have been a disgrace here. The ECB have been no better neither
22:41, Sat 27 Nov
mad
That's just being silly, isn't it.
10:10, Sun 28 Nov
Who's... Vaughan or Rafiq🤔
mad
10:36, Sun 28 Nov
As I've said just because he won't be on BBC anymore doesn't mean his career has ended
Plenty of TV celebs get ditched and 5 years later people are going "whatever happened to such and such?"
If Vaughan wants to continue to peddle his spiel I'm sure he'll find a welcoming platform somewhere
After dinner speeches, cricket tours to the Windies, SAfrica, cruise ships, he can even set up his own podcast with Farage perhaps
There will be plenty of folks out there willing to pay to listen to this bellend
He ought not be shoved down the general public's throats any longer - essentially for the sake of cricket's future there should at least be a mute option
10:50, Sun 28 Nov
mad
Talk sport , GB News, Times Radio, plus laddish podcasts, are all likely to welcome his clickbait diatribes.

He won’t be running a chip shop.
11:36, Sun 28 Nov
👏
12:17, Sun 28 Nov
mad
If Ron Atkinson can get work after what he did Vaughan certainly will.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
12:43, Sun 28 Nov
The King of Spain speaks

Asked specifically about Vaughan’s situation, Giles, who is in Brisbane with England’s Ashes squad, said: “I can’t comment on what the BBC should do with one of their employees. But I think tolerance is really important.

“We all do make mistakes and we will again. But we have to be able to tolerate, educate and rehabilitate otherwise people aren’t going to open up and share their experiences and learn.
12:52, Sun 28 Nov
I have in the past mentioned that opposition to racism is more than racism just causes offence.

I didn’t develop this because it can be misinterpreted as me saying it’s okay to offend people. Actually I think it is okay to offend some people.

Vaughan’s apology does not recognise what he said was racist. He apologises for any offence it’s caused.

In the same vein, when asked about the previous tweets he says he wouldn’t do that now.
13:38, Sun 28 Nov
The King of Spain speaks

Asked specifically about Vaughan’s situation, Giles, who is in Brisbane with England’s Ashes squad, said: “I can’t comment on what the BBC should do with one of their employees. But I think tolerance is really important.

“We all do make mistakes and we will again. But we have to be able to tolerate, educate and rehabilitate otherwise people aren’t going to open up and share their experiences and learn.

This.
13:43, Sun 28 Nov
Vaughan s 48 years old. He didn’t make a mistake.
13:48, Sun 28 Nov
Fat Buddha
The King of Spain speaks

That’s bollocks. I dropped my cuppa on the floor this morning, that’s a mistake. (Allegedly) Telling a group of asian players that there’s too many of them certainly isn’t a mistake.

I bloody loved that mug too.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
mad
16:16, Sun 28 Nov
What compounds things for Vaughan is that he's just not a good enough commentator or broadcaster to warrant any belly-aching about him being dropped or now having to find other ways to earn his living. Not that it would excuse his behaviour over the last 12 years but lets say he had the gravitas of a 'Richie Benaud' or maybe even a 'Jonathan Agnew' in the game he might get some general public sympathy especially if he'd come out with a proper apology along the lines of;
‘I don’t remember saying it. However three people have confirmed I did in fact say it and I’ll accept what they've said and they have no reason to lie. I profusely apologise as it’s very obviously a stupid thing to have said in 2009. I have reflected also on some absurd tweets I put out as recently as 2017 without careful thought and in the heat of the moment. I’ve been very thoughtless and regret that and the damaging effects my actions have had on the sport but can assure people there was no racist intent. I’ve learned a lot in recent weeks and will think before speaking or publishing and temper my language accordingly’.

The fact that he hasn't apologised properly and does not possess the same gravitas as a Benaud or an Agnew means he won't be missed by cricket followers in this country nor the general public at large
16:52, Sun 28 Nov
Scoobers
His historic tweets speak more than any denials

This. I hear them on Radio 4 on Saturday morning.

The Moeen Ali one was outrageous. I can't believe he didn't get taken to task for it at the time.