22:07, Thu 18 Nov
Homer
LondonBlue
Oh dear.

It's just a mess all around and reinforces that racism isn't just something white people do.

I don't believe anybody that says they've never made a racist comment.

It doesn't make it right though - does it?

Isn't it about time people stopped doing it?
22:22, Thu 18 Nov
Micky Darrell
It seems Rafiq used that trope about Jews money and being mean.

It's not true and it is racist.

I believe he is honestly contrite and Jewish community leaders have accepted that.

Rafiq was never in a position to affect Jews in any way and doesn't really compare to the racism he has suffered.

So my racism is not as bad as your racism (for example)? Racism is racism. Or does it depend on who is the perpetrator and who is the victim?
22:26, Thu 18 Nov
The lyrics don't come over very well in that clip. Worth having a listen on another recording if you don't know it.

That's addressed to everyone.
22:30, Thu 18 Nov
Wyndcliff
Micky Darrell

I believe he is honestly contrite and Jewish community leaders have accepted that.

Rafiq was never in a position to affect Jews in any way and doesn't really compare to the racism he has suffered.

So my racism is not as bad as your racism (for example)? Racism is racism. Or does it depend on who is the perpetrator and who is the victim?

Yes it does. It's vital to understand this if you're serious about fighting racism.
mad
22:46, Thu 18 Nov
[play.acast.com]
The Analyst Inside Cricket with Simon Hughes who was smashed for 6 by Neil Smith off that last over in 1989

Contains an interesting you could say very phlegmatic perspective from Stourbridge's Dean Headley

Dean Headley is responsible for what is still one of my top 3 days at a cricket match Day 4 of the Boxing Day test match in 1998
22:58, Thu 18 Nov
Micky Darrell

Oh man, wait till you hear about the Palestine crisis..
23:00, Thu 18 Nov
People seem delighted he’s made a racist comment
23:06, Thu 18 Nov
Racists seem delighted, like it excuses everything he’s been through.
23:08, Thu 18 Nov
And something about themselves
00:49, Fri 19 Nov
Fat Buddha

So anybody who is pleased that the truth has been revealed is a racist? I don’t understand your logic there.

Rafiq has been exposed as racist against Jews, at the same time he alleges he was racially abused. It is surely right that this has come to light. In a court of law, his case would now be dismissed. You shouldn’t be selective or hypercritical about racism. All racism is wrong.

Interestingly, Monty Panesar stated on bbc 1 this week that he had NEVER experienced any racism in cricket. That hardly supports Rafiq’s insinuation that racism is endemic in English cricket.

I’m not Jewish btw. I just try to stick up for what is right.
03:44, Fri 19 Nov
SOBLUE
Fat Buddha

So anybody who is pleased that the truth has been revealed is a racist? I don’t understand your logic there.

Rafiq has been exposed as racist against Jews, at the same time he alleges he was racially abused. It is surely right that this has come to light. In a court of law, his case would now be dismissed. You shouldn’t be selective or hypercritical about racism. All racism is wrong.

Interestingly, Monty Panesar stated on bbc 1 this week that he had NEVER experienced any racism in cricket. That hardly supports Rafiq’s insinuation that racism is endemic in English cricket.

What case would be dismissed?
05:33, Fri 19 Nov
Micky Darrell
Wyndcliff
Micky Darrell

Yes it does. It's vital to understand this if you're serious about fighting racism.

Are you suggesting that there is a pecking order when it comes to racism?
If so would you care to enlighten us all as to who is at the top of this order i.e. who it's "OK" to be racist to and who is at the bottom.
05:34, Fri 19 Nov
SOBLUE
Fat Buddha

Of course his case wouldn't be dismissed 😆
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
06:19, Fri 19 Nov
He's not comparing like with like for a start.....this kind of logic is so puerile it isn't really worth responding to.
06:30, Fri 19 Nov
Exactly.

It's not even worth having the conversation with them.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.