16:58, Sun 28 Nov
Bluesince62
The King of Spain speaks

Asked specifically about Vaughan’s situation, Giles, who is in Brisbane with England’s Ashes squad, said: “I can’t comment on what the BBC should do with one of their employees. But I think tolerance is really important.

“We all do make mistakes and we will again. But we have to be able to tolerate, educate and rehabilitate otherwise people aren’t going to open up and share their experiences and learn.

This.

Vaughan hasn't opened up about his experiences.

He's been caught out, & then lied about it.

I do agree that redemption must be possible for people who apologise and are genuinely contrite, but I'm not sure that's what's happened here.
18:07, Sun 28 Nov
Vaughan s 48 years old. He didn’t make a mistake.

In my experience, the older you are the more likely to make a 'mistake' you are. My Dad is in his 80's, when he was young we had an empire, we still nicked land off the 'Fuzzy Wuzzys'. When he was a kid, you'd get locked up for being gay. I've had to re educate myself because of his experiences and beliefs. I'm not defending the fecker (Vaughn - well I suppose I am because I've been guilty of being my Fathers son too), but he's about my generation. Give him a chance to get it right.
18:31, Sun 28 Nov
He can only be given a chance to 'get it right' if he's remorseful about what he's done and wants to learn.

That looks like a big 'if' at the moment.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
18:40, Sun 28 Nov
He can only be given a chance to 'get it right' if he's remorseful about what he's done and wants to learn.

That looks like a big 'if' at the moment.

Which is fair. As long as the fecker knows he is wrong then all I said stands - if not - feck him and I hope he ends up side lined.
18:49, Sun 28 Nov
He’s had weeks and weeks to get it right, most likely supported and advised by some proper brainboxes, and yet he consistently gets it wrong.

He doesn’t strike me as being an idiot, so I suspect his beliefs prevent him from recognising that there is anything wrong with his views.

Anyway, eff Michael Vaughan and eff the effing horse he effing rode in on.
18:55, Sun 28 Nov
Yep, in that case I am gracefully retiring.
mad
19:16, Sun 28 Nov
Far more worrying than Michael Vaughan is the overly simplistic views Monty Panesar has put forward over the weekend

Ridiculous things like 'racism only exists in the north and doesn't really exist in the south'

Also whenever there is racism all you need to do is 'basically ignore it and man up or get a life coach to help you man up'

Dangerous levels of delusion you wonder who is scripting this for him and why they haven't got a stronger argument for their "its all cancel culture and 'woke' all this is grrrr"
mad
10:24, Mon 29 Nov
Looks immaterial now regards Vaughan commentating out there for BBC or BT this winter. Australia has u-turned on plans to open up to 'skilled workers' from Wednesday meaning Dobell, Vaughan etc... may struggle to get in as they're not Aussie citizens. Perth test looking 50/50 now too wouldn't be surprised if MCG and SCG end up having two tests each
12:31, Mon 29 Nov
mad
mad
Far more worrying than Michael Vaughan is the overly simplistic views Monty Panesar has put forward over the weekend

Ridiculous things like 'racism only exists in the north and doesn't really exist in the south'

Also whenever there is racism all you need to do is 'basically ignore it and man up or get a life coach to help you man up'

Dangerous levels of delusion you wonder who is scripting this for him and why they haven't got a stronger argument for their "its all cancel culture and 'woke' all this is grrrr"

he's just painfully thick and desperate to be liked

has demonstrated it time and time again
16:46, Mon 29 Nov
He really can’t be that desperate to be liked 😁
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
16:57, Mon 29 Nov
That's why he pissed on people's heads
13:25, Fri 3 Dec
Entire coaching staff at Yorkshire given the boot.

Could be an opening for Michael Vaughan there.