Holdsworth_MaraSonner
The state of this thread.

Which bits?

Surely you can see the frustration and disappointment with detailing a season based on what your principles are going to be going forward, only to abandon those once you've been bloody relegated when it's the perfect opportunity to press forward and develop them properly.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
09:10, Thu 23 May
Spike
IanT
I think a lot of people are very jittery at this stage given what's happened in the last 6 months or so.

It's nothing a couple of decent early wins won't put right.

If people are allowing themselves to be THAT frightened that's their fault.

How are we ever going to be more than we are and always have been if people don't dry their eyes and pull their pants up?

They will, eventually.

Telling people to be less fearful rarely works.

Confidence will build with a few wins and they get used to us being at the top of the league.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
09:13, Thu 23 May
Spot on.
09:13, Thu 23 May
I think we will be more than we are, or certainly have the belief to be when the club become as good on the pitch as the intention is off it

I can understand why people are jittery, the footballing decisions have been quite horrendous

Im still concerned Craig Gardner is a shot caller
09:14, Thu 23 May
Spike
IanT
I think a lot of people are very jittery at this stage given what's happened in the last 6 months or so.

It's nothing a couple of decent early wins won't put right.

If people are allowing themselves to be THAT frightened that's their fault.

How are we ever going to be more than we are and always have been if people don't dry their eyes and pull their pants up?

Spot on, might as well stick with VR and grind out shit.

Biggest chance for a complete change of direction.
09:14, Thu 23 May
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
I remember stating on here that I thought Tony Mowbray was a dull, "meh" type appointment, and thought we should have tried harder with Steve Cooper.

But after watching his Blues teams and hearing him speak I was converted.

I think the same will be true of Neil, IF he comes.

No comparison between the two

I think there is a comparison. Their records aren’t much different albeit Mowbray has been in the game longer. Mowbray barely managed us, but is now forever going to be spoken about in terms where he’d have definitely led us to glory playing swashbuckling football but for the horrible news that hit him. It’s all part of the myth building and story telling of football clubs, because nobody knows if that would have happened or not. It’s based on a tiny sample of matches (which weren’t an unqualified success btw) and the fact he is clearly an extremely lovely bloke.

I reckon Neil might be ok. I’m not too bothered if he gets sacked next year provided we’ve gone up. In the grand scheme of lower division football management (and particularly our medium to recent history) if he lasts 12-14 months he’ll be exceptional.

I'm not keen on the Saint Tony stuff, he was hardly with us, anything could have subsequently happened, but there was a feelgood facor in that brief spell, which was quite nice.

There's no comparison because Mowbray has belied his dour northerner image throughout his career by sending teams out to play attractive, attacking football. Added to which he is as funny as eff. (not with us though, I did point out several times he looked unhappy)

None of that applies to Neil
09:17, Thu 23 May
Backward step I would prefer Rowet and co if we cannot get Moyes.
09:18, Thu 23 May
Holdsworth_MaraSonner

It will look great when they don't even appoint Neil.

Sorry
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Holdsworth_MaraSonner

Which bits?

Surely you can see the frustration and disappointment with detailing a season based on what your principles are going to be going forward, only to abandon those once you've been bloody relegated when it's the perfect opportunity to press forward and develop them properly.

People writing 500 word posts on the basis of a story about one person we have possibly interviewed is ludicrous.
09:21, Thu 23 May
CVBlue19
Backward step I would prefer Rowet and co if we cannot get Moyes.

backward step and Rowett in the same sentence fit like a glove
I'm a lumberjack and i'm okay
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Holdsworth_MaraSonner

Which bits?

People writing 500 word posts on the basis of a story about one person we have possibly interviewed is ludicrous.

It’s called opinion!
I will write as many words as I like.
I pay my money travel the country to support us so I think that entitles me to have a say on, screens, players or managers or whatever I like.
You don’t have to react or acknowledge those who want to have their opinion do you.
TaylorJay84
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Holdsworth_MaraSonner

Which bits?

It’s called opinion!
I pay my money travel the country to support us so I think that entitles me to have a say on, screens, players or managers or whatever I like.
You don’t have to react or acknowledge those who want to have their opinion do you.

Write as much as you want - I’m perfectly entitled to call it out as ridiculous. It’s called opinion!
Personally I think people who don't want Alex Neil will be disappointed.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
TaylorJay84
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Holdsworth_MaraSonner

Which bits?

It’s called opinion!

Write as much as you want - I’m perfectly entitled to call it out as ridiculous. It’s called opinion!
nice,i like it