13:26, Wed 22 May
Being realistic doesn't get you a 60k seater stadium.

eff realistic. Leave them to it. I am confident we won't be disappointed.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
13:36, Wed 22 May
Cattellroadcorner
I think Scott Parker would be a good fit for us

After seeing this a couple of years ago its a no from me

13:53, Wed 22 May
As with Rowett I think this would be a very disapointing appointment (Alex Neil). As for Scott Parker, spends lots of money with little acheivement in my opinion.
KRO FEA
13:54, Wed 22 May
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
Sunderland went up via play offs didn't they? Finished 5th?

Sorry, you are correct, my bad.

The other thing I like is he strikes me as having a bit of an edge to him. Hopefully that will rub off on the players. We've been a "nice team" for too bloody long.
13:59, Wed 22 May
So does Nathan Jones , would you want him?
14:02, Wed 22 May
Blue in CT
mr_crosby
We really should be aiming higher than this

We have to be realistic. Wagner and co have shown how they operate - if they don’t like something about you as a manager then you are gone. Not sure we are as attractive to good young managers as we (the fans) think.

We have a very limited sample though!

Eustace - inherited and dismissed over desired style of play and profile. A new manager would, one would imagine, not expect either criteria to apply to them.
Rooney - being a rubbish manager. Similarly a new manager is not likely to expect that to apply to them.
Mowbray - health issues. We look to have acted properly and with consideration.
Rowett - appointed for a fixed term, did his fixed term having fallen short of his objective.

I'd prefer we didn't try to appoint anyone who is put off by the risk of being sacked for not playing the style or for being painfully poor. Similarly, if anyone is deterred by the risk of being treated decently if ill or being guaranteed endless new contracts regardless of performance then I would not think we're the right place for them anyway.
14:03, Wed 22 May
Nathan Jones is clearly mentally unstable but that's not the same as having an edge. Jones wears his emotions on his sleeve, Neil's a bit more snidey.

And no, I wouldn't want Nathan Jones.
14:05, Wed 22 May
I'd rather have Rowett than Neil.

What a rubbish appointment that'd be.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
14:09, Wed 22 May
OK, curious on what basis that would be but...

Listen, I'm sounding like Neil's biggest fan - I'm really not, just expressing an opinion that he seems to tick all of the boxes we need right now. Unless you want to go more leftfield like the Stockport manager, but that seems more high risk. Can we afford that risk?
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Being realistic doesn't get you a 60k seater stadium.

eff realistic. Leave them to it. I am confident we won't be disappointed.

No but the same doesn't necessarily apply to a football manager.
14:40, Wed 22 May
Cattellroadcorner

Only if you can accept a grown man wearing a bodywarmer under a suit.
15:13, Wed 22 May
bluenosezulu
I wouldn't choose him, but that's just my personal opinion.

This is a shame, as he speaks very highly of you.
Up the feckin Blues
15:20, Wed 22 May
Newbs
Cattellroadcorner

Yeah, when I first saw that I remember thinking I would rather have John Sitton doing his famous "and you can bring yer fackin dinner..." speech trying to motivate our players than Scott Parker.

It was even worse than Ainsworth's bright idea of bringing a Maori warrior - whose name was actually Roger, a Fork Lift Driver from Milton Keynes - in to focus his QPR players.

Some people just try too hard. Parker is one of them.
15:24, Wed 22 May
montypenguin
OK, curious on what basis that would be but...

Listen, I'm sounding like Neil's biggest fan - I'm really not, just expressing an opinion that he seems to tick all of the boxes we need right now. Unless you want to go more leftfield like the Stockport manager, but that seems more high risk. Can we afford that risk?

I think any managerial appointment is a risk, there's no certainties in football.

I would much, much rather go for a leftfield appointment. I had literally never heard of Challinor before yesterday but I am firmly backing him now if we fail in any of our big ambitious appointments. His record is phenomenal at different clubs and different levels.
15:25, Wed 22 May
Spike
Newbs
Cattellroadcorner

Yeah, when I first saw that I remember thinking I would rather have John Sitton doing his famous "and you can bring yer fackin dinner..." speech trying to motivate our players than Scott Parker.

It was even worse than Ainsworth's bright idea of bringing a Maori warrior - whose name was actually Roger, a Fork Lift Driver from Milton Keynes - in to focus his QPR players.

Some people just try too hard. Parker is one of them.

I still can't make up my mind if that was pure cringe or comedy gold - bit of both, I suspect. The look on some of the players faces.
Up the feckin Blues