15:45, Mon 12 Feb
Stab in the dark, the person who posted them 😄
15:47, Mon 12 Feb
Well they’re always going to sell out when they’re in the prem and 5th. I’d like to think we would as well in those circumstances.

It is worth noting that they hardly sold out when they were slumming in the championship with us, not that their fans would ever admit that.
15:49, Mon 12 Feb
Yeah that's fair enough.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
I really hope we do it as Tom asked so nicely
H

15:57, Mon 12 Feb
Think hes quoted it from twitter tbf
Very small time really
We only sell 21k.

People moan.

Club puts initiatives in place and fans push for sales leading to our highest gate in 5 years.

People moan.

?
16:25, Mon 12 Feb
I don’t think he’s criticising the club,
It’s more how it’s come to the point we need to beg “fans” to watch their team
My Blue Heaven

Yeah exactly. Thought that was obvious.
H

Agreed. The most "small time" thing about all this is that we're not able to sell out more often.

As has been said a lot recently it's more fundamental than "tickets are too expensive". I think being a shambles on and off the pitch for over a decade has enabled apathy to set in. The diehards will still go week in week out but the more casual fans who used to attend 5-10 games a season now can't be arsed because they're sick of seeing us get beat. Why subject yourself to watching dross football when you could spend your weekends doing other things. I'm honest enough to say I've fallen into that camp in recent years.

I'm certain things will change though, the future is bright. Once we start winning consistently again the attendances will pick up and the fans will come back. It's also essential the club attract new fans to grow the fanbase, so it's good to see steps are being taken on that front.
Formerly Man Lyk GroundShare and Man Lyk GroundRepair.
Have the new owners done enough to tempt you back to the ground this season or to the Sunderland game?
Nikola Zigic
My Blue Heaven

Yeah exactly. Thought that was obvious.

Where did I say you were criticising the club? I just think finding the whole thing cringy is odd, even if fans are pushing for it.
Tam
16:55, Mon 12 Feb
Nose of Blue
Have the new owners done enough to tempt you back to the ground this season or to the Sunderland game?

I suppose when all's said and done, the test for many will be what's happening on the pitch. If you haven't been for a while, or have been tempted along infrequently, we really haven't improved much in terms of league position and points attained. Added to that, the own goal of the Eustace-Rooney situation and subsequent decline, and - while we know that there's been massive improvements in community activity, ground improvements, etc, what's happening on the pitch is the most important thing to many, and I couldn't blame people for not being bowled over by performances this season either.
Make Blues Great Again
Man Lyk GroundRepair
It's also essential the club attract new fans to grow the fanbase, so it's good to see steps are being taken on that front.

Exactly, it’s not just about selling out one game.

Going back to Cooks 30% model.

If we sell an extra 6000 tickets Saturday.

2,000 may really enjoy it, realise how much they miss it and become regulars. Increasing our regular gate.
2,000 kinda like it, and will come to a few more games a season.
2,000 hate it and don’t come back.

Regardless, the push from club and fans gives us a good chance of increasing long term attendances, even if it’s less than the % listed.
Tam
16:59, Mon 12 Feb
Mozball
Man Lyk GroundRepair
It's also essential the club attract new fans to grow the fanbase, so it's good to see steps are being taken on that front.

Exactly, it’s not just about selling out one game.

Going back to Cooks 30% model.

If we sell an extra 6000 tickets Saturday.

2,000 may really enjoy it, realise how much they miss it and become regulars. Increasing our regular gate.
2,000 kinda like it, and will come to a few more games a season.
2,000 hate it and don’t come back.

Regardless, the push from club and fans gives us a good chance of increasing long term attendances, even if it’s less than the % listed.

Exactly. It's trawling to expand the customer base, and that's a bloody good thing.
Make Blues Great Again