Bob
12:01, Sun 4 Feb
El Mayor
Why did only 7k go to the Hull game then when it was cheap?

Given you say earlier “I think it’s way more nuanced than price”, I’m not sure why you can’t figure it out?

You seem fairly switched on.

I presume some or all would have been considered by the non-attendees:

It was a cup game.
Freezing cold.
Expectation of a rubbish atmosphere
Parking far from safe
However many years of rubbish performances etc

FWIW, I went to the Hull game and have got a couple for Sunderland, after giving up my season ticket when the pandemic happened and not having been back since. Just presuming for others, any of which I think is more than reasonable.
12:10, Sun 4 Feb
Bob
So out of interest, you have bucked the trend and you have given a good defence of why someone shouldn't go to the Hull game, but you overcame that and went - so what was it made you go ?

I think the Hull game proves its just not the price of the ticket. I really don'tknow the answer but if people are moaning about ticket price now, wait till the fan zone opens with beer and food and silly prices ths place will be in melt down. If we are going to be successful we have to get more cash through the door.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
Tam
12:13, Sun 4 Feb
Super Hans
Charcy
Bluesince62
Yep, times are hard for many. Just shy of 70 quid for 2 adults on the Tilton isn't something everyone can afford monthly, let alone weekly.
Those that criticise non attendees could maybe do with thinking on that.

Hmm. On this thread you also said.

'As has been said, win more games and start operating at the top end of the division. Once there is a sniff of promotion, people will come back.'

If people simply haven't got the money it doesn't matter if we are winning surely?

If we’re winning then people would most likely be more willing to make sacrifices to watch them.

Yeah, I think that people would see more value in parting with their money then, maybe at the expense of another hobby. If you're going to prioritise, it's going to be the one that gives you most enjoyment that wins, I guess.
Make Blues Great Again
Listen; as much as I’d love for that to be the case, there’s plenty of seats not sold in places like the GML, Kop lower, Tilton lower and Main stand…not sure where you’ve got it from there’s a scarcity of 2 seats together.

Do people think that on the day sales will push it to a sell out? As in people getting from the ticket office?
12:29, Sun 4 Feb
Bob
The experience at the stadium is still shit in fairness too, though there are clearly plans to improve that.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
12:32, Sun 4 Feb
Bob
Can't remember if there was a train strike as well, but I reckon if the 4th round tie had been Man City at home, the crowd would have been much bigger. Leicester away as a reward for winning is like returning someone's cat and getting a mouldy Werther's Original.
yet only 2,000 less of us attended leicester than hull ?
Bob
12:46, Sun 4 Feb
Robert Hopkins
So out of interest, you have bucked the trend and you have given a good defence of why someone shouldn't go to the Hull game, but you overcame that and went - so what was it made you go ?

I’m a Blues fan at head, have done more than my fair share of hard miles over the years, and wanted to give the new ownership a go.

I’ll go to the Sunderland game but it’s too big a jump for the owners to expect me to buy a half or full season ticket straightaway.

At these ticket prices I’ll probably pick and choose 3 games a season. If the match day prices were more reasonable (Category C all round) it’d be 4-5 times. Point being, I’d be much more likely to then buy a season ticket.
13:06, Sun 4 Feb
Petebaldwin
El Mayor
druid
Bob
KES
Can’t see it happening tbh.

What else can they do to get people to go?

Ticket prices are still far too high: 37.50 a ticket in the Kop, 35 Kop Corner.

HTH.

👍 This is the answer, and will continue to be the answer until the club address it (hopefully next season).

We are a struggling '2nd division' side and have been for years and years. It will take time, patience and good decisions to start getting some people into the habit of attending games - the match day ticket prices are too high given the level of the team we have at the moment.

Same reason that many of the people who have no problem with £35 quid a week didn’t go I assume.

In other words, it’s about much more than price.
13:07, Sun 4 Feb
Bob
Bob
El Mayor

Given you say earlier “I think it’s way more nuanced than price”, I’m not sure why you can’t figure it out?

It was a cup game.
Freezing cold.
Parking far from safe

FWIW, I went to the Hull game and have got a couple for Sunderland, after giving up my season ticket when the pandemic happened and not having been back since. Just presuming for others, any of which I think is more than reasonable.

You’re making my point for me - I’ve said repeatedly on this thread it’s not just about price. It’s reductive to say it is.
13:14, Sun 4 Feb
Bob
Bob
Robert Hopkins

I’m a Blues fan at head, have done more than my fair share of hard miles over the years, and wanted to give the new ownership a go.

I’ll go to the Sunderland game but it’s too big a jump for the owners to expect me to buy a half or full season ticket straightaway.

At these ticket prices I’ll probably pick and choose 3 games a season. If the match day prices were more reasonable (Category C all round) it’d be 4-5 times. Point being, I’d be much more likely to then buy a season ticket.

Which is a great start as there will be others like you. Come the end of the season if the players we bring in were considered to be of sufficient quality to give us a run at the play offs would you get a season ticket thenor wait to see?
13:18, Sun 4 Feb
KES
There's still almost 2 weeks till that game. There isn't even that many tickets left I'm sure they'll find a way to sell it out.
13:21, Sun 4 Feb
El Mayor
Bob
El Mayor

It was a cup game.
Freezing cold.
Parking far from safe

You’re making my point for me - I’ve said repeatedly on this thread it’s not just about price. It’s reductive to say it is.

It's different reasons for different people.

It's never anything to do with the price for me.

I'm much less likely to go these days than a decade ago though, although I still go to the odd game. I got out of the habit of going, am away far too often now that I've retired I've found alternative uses for my time which I enjoy equally as much if not more.

I'm more likely to be tempted back into going more often if I were sure there'd be a few familiar faces in the boozer pre and post match, but even then I'd need to be available on not doing much else.

Things may change if and when the experience improves, but it'll take a lot for me to get into season ticket territory again.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
Bob
13:23, Sun 4 Feb
With these ticket prices, it’s a big jump from £110 / season (3 games) to £700 or so (a ST).

But being a Blues fan at heart, and if I want to start prioritising the Blues over other stuff that’s now taken its place, then absolutely it’s something I’d do.

The problem is, with the ticket pricing as it currently stands, the club are at risk of alienating others like me, the pick and choose supporter.
13:27, Sun 4 Feb
Bob
A Season Ticket in the Tilton is less than £400
Tony Fantastico