18:44, Sun 4 Feb
The trouble is if special offers become the norm then you breed an even bigger problem with the fan that wishes to pick and choose their games.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
18:48, Sun 4 Feb
Plus they’ve budgeted for ticket sales for the season. It’s just possible they can’t lose a million quid plus off that forecasted income for the rest of the season
Tony Fantastico
18:50, Sun 4 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
Plus they’ve budgeted for ticket sales for the season. It’s just possible they can’t lose a million quid plus off that forecasted income for the rest of the season

Especially when we’re close to the margin with ffp
18:51, Sun 4 Feb
Charcy
The trouble is if special offers become the norm then you breed an even bigger problem with the fan that wishes to pick and choose their games.

Yeah, stuff the poor. There's always cake.
Up the feckin Blues
19:03, Sun 4 Feb
El Mayor
Rab C Nesbitt

Especially when we’re close to the margin with ffp
Yep. That’s what I meant by ‘they can’t’ this season.
We all know they can afford it but maybe the club can’t this season . I’m sure they’ll do more next season with more room to play financially
Tony Fantastico
19:13, Sun 4 Feb
Understand all the points being well made, but at this point in "the project" it's a shame that the current stay away fans cant be encouraged to return this season ready for next season's push.
I also think the team might need this looking at the run in fixtures.
I am sure the powers that be know what they doing.
I'm also surprised it was limited to platinum and gold. Might have been better to release a certain number which were available first come first serve. After all you are not helping the gold member with the offer and why would a gold member be able to persuade a stay away more than someone else ?
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
19:25, Sun 4 Feb
Bluesince62
Charcy

Okay. If you do a special offer all the time it's just the price. When people don't come because the pick and choose people will say they should do special offers.

We saw it with season tickets after they'd been frozen for good will. People stopped remembering that the year before was a special offer when it came to renewing.

Making this about rich and poor is daft and to be perfectly honest, there does have to be a price point. If people aren't willing to pay it they need to be forgotten about and be treated as a nice addition when they do come.

There always seems to be plenty of young lads down Blues home and away who I wouldn't imagine have well paid jobs and tons of cash. I appreciate they have less family ties and perhaps less obligation to spend disposable income elsewhere but they're still going.

Someone mentioned the cost of living crisis but that effects football clubs too.

People say they want strikers, attractive football and to win games - should that all come for free and when they have come these people can have part of it, but someone else should pay for it? That quite literally sounds like they want to eat cake.
19:30, Sun 4 Feb
Robert Hopkins
I'm also surprised it was limited to platinum and gold. Might have been better to release a certain number which were available first come first serve. After all you are not helping the gold member with the offer and why would a gold member be able to persuade a stay away more than someone else ?

I think after West Brom it would have been a disaster had the number been set aside been used up before some gold and platinum had managed to get their friends a ticket.

They should be treated with a bit of extra respect and I think a gesture of good will.
19:38, Sun 4 Feb
KES
Can’t see it happening tbh.

What else can they do to get people to go?

Here’s what I can do.

I will take up the offer of discounted tickets (1 adult, 1 child) for the Sunderland game and donate them for free to someone who can’t afford to go, or is a regular non attender. I will also obtain the 4 tickets (in unspecified age category) that I won in a charity auction and donate them for free to a party of 4 who can’t afford to go, or are regular non attenders (any game).

Anyone who is interested or knows who might be can PM me. I’ll give it until 6pm on Tuesday and then I will draw any interest from ‘the hat’.

I hope the experience of being amongst it will be good enough for them to want to do it again.
Oh Franky Franky

Here’s what I can do.

I will take up the offer of discounted tickets (1 adult, 1 child) for the Sunderland game and donate them for free to someone who can’t afford to go, or is a regular non attender. I will also obtain the 4 tickets (in unspecified age category) that I won in a charity auction and donate them for free to a party of 4 who can’t afford to go, or are regular non attenders (any game).

Anyone who is interested or knows who might be can PM me. I’ll give it until 6pm on Tuesday and then I will draw any interest from ‘the hat’.

I hope the experience of being amongst it will be good enough for them to want to do it again.
That’s a great gesture. Respect 👍
Mods- could this single post be made a sticky please?
Tony Fantastico
Oh Franky Franky

Here’s what I can do.

Well done that man 👍
I agree why limit it to Gold/Platinum? It should have been all season ticket holders. Still time to do it.
19:44, Sun 4 Feb
KES
The owners are trying. We can’t expect thousands to flock back immediately, especially having been through too many false dawns. It’ll get a few through the gate who wouldn’t normally go. It’s a start. There’s a chance one or two might enjoy it enough to come back. There might be some lapsed fans making a reappearance possibly with mates who still go. We’ve got to try and recreated the habit of attending that plenty have lost.

Seeing a bigger crowd even gives (some of the regulars) a lift. A fuller stadium might just help the team onto a better result, too. Better results equals more interest.

Winning will impact the attendances more than just about anything else.

We’ll get there.

Up the Blues!
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."
19:48, Sun 4 Feb
Charcy
Bluesince62
Charcy

Okay. If you do a special offer all the time it's just the price. When people don't come because the pick and choose people will say they should do special offers.

We saw it with season tickets after they'd been frozen for good will. People stopped remembering that the year before was a special offer when it came to renewing.

Making this about rich and poor is daft and to be perfectly honest, there does have to be a price point. If people aren't willing to pay it they need to be forgotten about and be treated as a nice addition when they do come.

There always seems to be plenty of young lads down Blues home and away who I wouldn't imagine have well paid jobs and tons of cash. I appreciate they have less family ties and perhaps less obligation to spend disposable income elsewhere but they're still going.

Someone mentioned the cost of living crisis but that effects football clubs too.

People say they want strikers, attractive football and to win games - should that all come for free and when they have come these people can have part of it, but someone else should pay for it? That quite literally sounds like they want to eat cake.

Effin Hell - well done, congrats - your cleverness shines out - I was only saying that some folk have issues with affording tickets. Eff me.
Up the feckin Blues