17:16, Mon 12 Feb
Tam
Don't disagree that the overriding factor for many people will be the product on offer on the pitch.

One thing I will say is that there are clear signs of improvement under Mowbray in terms of the style of play and the players looking like they know what they are doing again. There will always be hiccups along the way when a new manager is try to rebuild shattered confidence but we were excellent first half against an understrength Leicester and should have been 3 or 4 ahead. Overall the Baggies performance was good. There were also very good passages of play against Sheff Wednesday with high possession and a large amount of shots on goal.

I genuinely believe by the end of the season Mowbray will have us more than safe and playing much better football.

These things do snowball though, with a full and noisy St Andrews @ Knighthead Park we could boost the players onto not only a good performance but 3 points. Will people then look to come again? Or is this a one of gimmick match? Thats the test.
Tam
17:21, Mon 12 Feb
Nose of Blue
Don't disagree that the overriding factor for many people will be the product on offer on the pitch.

One thing I will say is that there are clear signs of improvement under Mowbray in terms of the style of play and the players looking like they know what they are doing again. There will always be hiccups along the way when a new manager is try to rebuild shattered confidence but we were excellent first half against an understrength Leicester and should have been 3 or 4 ahead. Overall the Baggies performance was good. There were also very good passages of play against Sheff Wednesday with high possession and a large amount of shots on goal.

I genuinely believe by the end of the season Mowbray will have us more than safe and playing much better football.

These things do snowball though, with a full and noisy St Andrews @ Knighthead Park we could boost the players onto not only a good performance but 3 points. Will people then look to come again? Or is this a one of gimmick match? Thats the test.

I think you're right - you know, though, that (as there has been on SHA) there's going to be comments like 'did we win then?'. And that, I think, is going to be the crux of the matter for folks that don't go and just see 'no goals and no points'. And I can understand that.
Make Blues Great Again
17:37, Mon 12 Feb
Tam
That's ultimately what is going to bring people back, win playing good football consistently.

If your disposable cash is limited you don't want to waste it all on a shite afternoon of football coming away pissed off thinking "I wish I'd never gone".
Sheff Wed would've seen us sell out IMO

Very annoying position to put ourselves in.

Maybe a win tomorrow night will push a few more sales, but won't sell out now at all I think.
About 500 seats left for the game. Surprised if they don’t go by the weekend.
Man Lyk GroundRepair
Agreed. The most "small time" thing about all this is that we're not able to sell out more often.

As has been said a lot recently it's more fundamental than "tickets are too expensive". I think being a shambles on and off the pitch for over a decade has enabled apathy to set in. The diehards will still go week in week out but the more casual fans who used to attend 5-10 games a season now can't be arsed because they're sick of seeing us get beat. Why subject yourself to watching dross football when you could spend your weekends doing other things. I'm honest enough to say I've fallen into that camp in recent years.

I'm certain things will change though, the future is bright. Once we start winning consistently again the attendances will pick up and the fans will come back. It's also essential the club attract new fans to grow the fanbase, so it's good to see steps are being taken on that front.

To anyone thinking it's small time and our crowds are crap, just remind yourselves of just how shit it's been for the last decade and more for followers of Birmingham City. I think it's pretty bloody amazing we get the crowds we do, tbh.
Up the feckin Blues
18:48, Mon 12 Feb
Southy
About 500 seats left for the game. Surprised if they don’t go by the weekend.

I think people need to be careful; some seats that may show as unselectable may not have gone on sale yet
18:51, Mon 12 Feb
Yeah, they keep releasing more, the map is rarely accurate
Happy Clapper
18:57, Mon 12 Feb
Blues since 62 we have always been sceptical I can remember the 54/55 season we beat Port Vale 7-2 14 days later Liverpool sent home on the end of a 9-1 thrashing both attendances around 17000 we went on to win the Championship average crowd just over 21000 scoring 92 goals in 42 games
KES
14:16, Tue 13 Feb
KES
First Safe Standing block to ever sell out is Tilton lower Block 14.

Congratulations
14:17, Tue 13 Feb
KES
KES
First Safe Standing block to ever sell out is Tilton lower Block 14.

Congratulations
My Block. Unsurprisingly
Tony Fantastico
14:23, Tue 13 Feb
I'm nearly 30. In my whole life there've been what, two seasons when the ground was full? When we first got to the Prem? I have never known us to have sellouts regularly since I've been old enough to go of my own accord. I don't know why people think there's a huge latent supporter base just waiting to go back to games. So often there are threads about why we're not selling out. We didn't sell out in the Prem, we didn't sell out when we were finishing 2nd in the Championship.

I'm not trying to be a downer either. I just think we're not in a position where we're a good season away from 30k home attendances every week, as we've had good seasons and that hasn't happened.
14:47, Tue 13 Feb
We’ve barely ever played decent football and won regularly . We got nearly 23k under Monk on average. We’re capable of 5k more given the right circumstances.
I’d be interested to know how many different people attend games this season at some point. It must be 35k plus. The support is out there
Tony Fantastico
14:52, Tue 13 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
We’ve barely ever played decent football and won regularly . We got nearly 23k under Monk on average. We’re capable of 5k more given the right circumstances.
I’d be interested to know how many different people attend games this season at some point. It must be 35k plus. The support is out there

I think this supposed summer transfer trolley dash will bring a fair few heads back. Especially if we finish the season strongly.

And yep, I would reckon it's well over 35k. There have to be 20k+ who attend just one game a season, easily.
KES
14:59, Tue 13 Feb
The problem has been a few things. In recent times the lack of work to build a stronger season ticket base is a big one.

Over time like others have said, when we were successful we were seen as dull and poor to watch, just scrambling over the line at times.

Our promotions seasons were a little bit different to the likes of Leicester and Southampton now. Even the likes of Albion under Mowbray. We were always pragmatic, doing things without style and excitement, just hard work, passion and a likle bit of class. These things go against getting more people through the gates.