10:28, Sun 4 Feb
My Blue Heaven
People on this thread are offering to help with cheap tickets.

I don’t disagree that the standard price is high but we’ve also had cheaper games not show an increase in capacity

In short, the ones that can be arsed go to the games.
Yep. There’s often been free tickets offered on twitter with no take up. Optimism and results on the pitch are key. It’s not all about prices, no way
Tony Fantastico
KES
10:32, Sun 4 Feb
Optimism yes, not actually sure about results tbh. Bruce and McLeish attendances show that.

We’ve always struggled to average over 22k in the Championship.

It’s about educating fans into realising that season tickets are financially worth while.

We need to massively boost season ticket numbers in the Summer. Not sure how but something needs to be done.
10:35, Sun 4 Feb
If you haven’t been for a month, you can become a bit disconnected from the club and the idea of spending £20 to watch us play someone like Rotherham is going to be less appealing than if you go every week and are really into it. You find other things to fill your weekends so instead of everything fitting around going to Blues, you have to fit Blues around other things.

For me, it’s all about getting people to go regularly so they meet their mates, watch the game, have a few pints…. It becomes something you just do every week. As Mayor said, it’s not the price but the value that’s important and I think the owners know this and are working hard on it.
10:41, Sun 4 Feb
KES
Optimism yes, not actually sure about results tbh. Bruce and McLeish attendances show that.

We’ve always struggled to average over 22k in the Championship.

It’s about educating fans into realising that season tickets are financially worth while.

We need to massively boost season ticket numbers in the Summer. Not sure how but something needs to be done.

Buying a couple of exciting strikers would help. We've lacked real star quality, i.e. a player fans can idolise and the club don't need to sell on, who can consistently excite them and get them through the turnstiles for a long, long time now
10:41, Sun 4 Feb
Onel Hernandez
Win some games.

This.

St Andrews could be falling apart more than it is. We could have worse food and drink sold more expensively. No fireworks. Heck, we could have rubbish disinterested owners. If we were on a roll, winning games, challenging for play-offs or top 2, after 10+ years of mediocrity, the place would be bouncing and we'd be selling 24k+ every week. More under Knighthead, who have invested a lot of energy and money in the place.

It all starts with winning games and momentum IMO. That's what we care about. Same discussion as we had with WR, "what will it take to get people to back him?" - win games!
Bob
10:42, Sun 4 Feb
My Blue Heaven
But surely if you’re saying you can’t go to blues cos you can’t afford it but you’d love to, you’d take any opportunity it get in for a more affordable price?

It’ll take more than a minor reduction of 2.50 for some to come back.

This Sunderland game is still £35 / 37.50.

One of the reasons Albion get loads more is because their tickets are £10 cheaper.

Blues need to learn the pricing point.
KES
10:54, Sun 4 Feb
Bob
They need a bigger season ticket base. I think it’s around 12,000 at the moment. It’s piss poor tbh
11:05, Sun 4 Feb
Tom TheProject Brady
Plenty of other clubs, with higher ticket prices and in smaller towns, sell many more tickets than Blues do 🤷‍♂️

Absolutely fecking this 100%

How does playing great football or being in the prem give people more money to come to games, It doesn't.

If we were playing Man U at home next Tuesday it would be a sell out but we are playing Blackburn and no doubt apathy will reign supreme again. For me it has never ever been about the opposition it is all about being there to support Blues.

Imagine if we made a trip to Wembley, then everyone seems to have enough money for £50 - £60+ tickets then add in transport etc and we still would not have enough tickets to sell.

Those that can not afford to go to games is fair enough because if you cant afford it you cant afford it end of story.

Coombs
Wheldon
Kumars
Gold Sullivan
Carson
TTA

We finally have the best owners in my 50+ years and still its not good enough for many, for all of us I just hope the owners are far more committed than stay away fans.

KRO
Turn left when you get on a plane.
11:10, Sun 4 Feb
Tom TheProject Brady
Plenty of other clubs, with higher ticket prices and in smaller towns, sell many more tickets than Blues do 🤷‍♂️

Absolutely fecking this 100%

How does playing great football or being in the prem give people more money to come to games, It doesn't.

If we were playing Man U at home next Tuesday it would be a sell out but we are playing Blackburn and no doubt apathy will reign supreme again. For me it has never ever been about the opposition it is all about being there to support Blues.

Imagine if we made a trip to Wembley, then everyone seems to have enough money for £50 - £60+ tickets then add in transport etc and we still would not have enough tickets to sell.

Those that can not afford to go to games is fair enough because if you cant afford it you cant afford it end of story.

Coombs
Wheldon
Kumars
Gold Sullivan
Carson
TTA

We finally have the best owners in my 50+ years and still its not good enough for many, for all of us I just hope the owners are far more committed than stay away fans.

KRO

I will say though that I’m not concerned. Those who aren’t bothered now will be replaced when we’re good again.

The club don’t, and won’t ever need that type of fan ever again.
11:10, Sun 4 Feb
Bob
Bob
My Blue Heaven
But surely if you’re saying you can’t go to blues cos you can’t afford it but you’d love to, you’d take any opportunity it get in for a more affordable price?

It’ll take more than a minor reduction of 2.50 for some to come back.

This Sunderland game is still £35 / 37.50.

One of the reasons Albion get loads more is because their tickets are £10 cheaper.

Blues need to learn the pricing point.

You can’t shift pricing points mid season

Plus there are eff loads of offers available via various routes.
11:15, Sun 4 Feb
Bluesince62
Yep, times are hard for many. Just shy of 70 quid for 2 adults on the Tilton isn't something everyone can afford monthly, let alone weekly.
Those that criticise non attendees could maybe do with thinking on that.

Hmm. On this thread you also said.

'As has been said, win more games and start operating at the top end of the division. Once there is a sniff of promotion, people will come back.'

If people simply haven't got the money it doesn't matter if we are winning surely?
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
11:29, Sun 4 Feb
Bob
How much was Hull game Bob?

Surely being a supporter is about watching Blues, not the opposition?
11:30, Sun 4 Feb
Charcy
Bluesince62
Yep, times are hard for many. Just shy of 70 quid for 2 adults on the Tilton isn't something everyone can afford monthly, let alone weekly.

'As has been said, win more games and start operating at the top end of the division. Once there is a sniff of promotion, people will come back.'

If people simply haven't got the money it doesn't matter if we are winning surely?

If we’re winning then people would most likely be more willing to make sacrifices to watch them.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
KES
11:35, Sun 4 Feb
Super Hans
Charcy
Bluesince62

If we’re winning then people would most likely be more willing to make sacrifices to watch them.

We can only assume that would be the case now, but it wasn’t under Bruce and McLeish.

Lots of wins, promotion, yet you look at those attendances and we weren’t selling out each week.
11:36, Sun 4 Feb
My Blue Heaven

Surely being a supporter is about watching Blues, not the opposition?

Absolutely spot on, That was what I said earlier in the thread and I stand by it 100%

You get 3pts for beating the likes of Blackburn and Hull, you don't get more for beating a so called glamour club.
Turn left when you get on a plane.